Rachael also told John Paul that she had received death threats -- including a text that said she wouldn't live to see the end of 2018 -- and she feared she was being followed by the Aliquippa Police. She was walking with a friend. Erin Moriarty: I'm going to ask you point-blank, because I know you want to answer this question. She said "No, no, no, I wasn't doing anything like that." One reason the DelTondos doubt they'll ever get answers is their distrust of the Aliquippa Police -- and the fact that the department was overseeing the investigation at its most crucial, early stage. He was found on Feb. 25, 1957 by a young man checking his muskrat traps in the Fox Chase section of Philadelphia, although the man didn't immediately report it. The trip began on April 24, 1970, when Boy Scout Troop 275 traveled from Upper Darby to St. They didn't do a report. Corriveau was discovered missing by hospital personnel at approximately 7:50 a.m., on November 18, 1968, which was the same day his deceased body was discovered along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. WHAT YOU CAN DO: If you have information on this crime, any serious crime, or wanted person, call Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers Toll Free at 1-800-4PA-TIPS. She was in her early 30s what did you two have in common? Erin Moriarty: At any point did you have Rachael followed? "You just never know," Perciavalle says. And I think there was a part of her too that was just upset that we never got married. Cell phone evidence shows Sheldon was texting them and knew their whereabouts. Diane Wolf was seen on or about Friday, January 29, 1999, at 7:30 a.m. Diane Wolf cashed a paycheck at Dauphin Deposit, 105 Dart Drive, Hanover, PA. The Pennsylvania State Police, Criminal Investigation Assessment Unit, Troop, K, Philadelphia, continues their investigation into the homicide of Denise Sharon Kulb. He seemed severely malnourished and had surgical scars on his ankle and groin and a scar under his chin. Contact reporter Chrissy Suttles at csuttles@timesonline.com or on Twitter @ChrissySuttles. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. The hoped the new information will jogs someone's memory. There are numerous potential leads for police to follow, including a young Aliquippa High School athlete named Sheldon Jeter and DelTondo's ex-fianc Frank Catroppa. Another Mother's Day has come and gone. But it also says she "didn't want her fianc to know because he would get mad.". When they were together and happy on a Tuesday, they could have been broken up and miserable by Sunday [laughs]. Both Lynn and Dale were found deceased. On September 7, 1992, partial skull remains were found in Fairfield Township, Lycoming County, PA; it was determined to be homicide. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH REWARD. "Nothing," said Lisa DelTondo. She's nice, genuine -- big hearted. That's just ridiculous It's just Rachael. Erin Moriarty: Rachael told you everything? The former Aliquippa football players conviction carried a mandatory life prison sentence. Rachael DelTondo's death still unsolved nearly 1 year later; DA says he is 'committed to bringing her murderer to justice' . "Aliquippa is a small community with New York problems.". She couldn't eat. why is poverty island closed to the public MSY: 1021 Airline Dr, Kenner, LA 70062 (Free Shuttle) 8:00 - 23:00 24-Hour Drop Off Text / WhatsApp: 504-500-1885 aliquippa, pa unsolved murders (504) 500-1880. On July 16, 1993, the Arnold Police Department was dispatched to the residence located on 4th Avenue, City of Arnold, to assist with a deceased 76 year old female. Cpl. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. And she got very angry at me And -- she was just like "nothing's wrong with me. They quickly became Aliquippa's "it" couple. [crying] I said, "were you doing drugs with this kid in the car?" The unknown male who approached the taxi was wearing a blue-green wind breaker, dark pants, and dark framed glasses. In the early morning hours of April 26, 1970, unknown suspect(s) attacked the victim while he was sleeping. September 7, 2019 / 11:12 PM It. Whatever the truth, Catroppa was able to read the report that day, and it didn't quite match the story that Rachael had told him. He's like, "why not? Erin Moriarty: But why? During last months verdict, a courtroom spectator from Aliquippa recognized one of the jurors as a neighbor of DelTondo. Little did I know that was the last words from my baby. they believe it to be a crime of passion. Sheldon has not been charged in the DelTondo case and his attorney Michael Santicola says he's not involved in her murder. Lisa DelTondo: Yes. No. Last seen wearing: blue body shirt with design, blue jean vest, blue jeans and brown leather belt, knee socks, beige or tan leather boots with side zipper, glasses with initials "VLS" etched on one lens, beige or tan leather purse with long should strap. Jeter's attorney argues that if anyone knew what time Rachael was going to be home, it was Lauren Watkins. Like, "you've been dating this kid five years." ", with the help of CBS station KDKA consumer reporter Marty Griffin. Phylicia Albina Thomas arrived home and after a short time she went outside. To us it looks like a hit. She -- she gave me about three deadlines. All rights reserved (About Us). Lisa DelTondo: He came here one night drunk. Much of what was filed, the judge said, amounted to hearsay. Both parties thoroughly questioned and approved of the jury, Tesla said. It's unknown whether authorities ever traced the source of the anonymous emails and text messages, but Lisa and Joe DelTondo say they have no doubt who sent out the damaging information. Stephanie Coyle was a widow who lived alone and had been stabbed numerous times in the neck area. Her body was discovered approximately ten days later in a culvert running under Brook Devore Road in Summit Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH REWARD. Tyric had been living on and off at the same home as Sheldon Jeter, and they considered each other family. The unknown driver and vehicle fled the scene of the accident. Bullet casings were found near his truck and the truck windows were smashed inside and outside of his vehicle. She said, 'They're following me, mom. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Erin Moriarty: You had no sense of that at all. Key Figure In Unsolved Rachael DelTondo Murder Case Arrested In Lisa DelTondo: Maybe we were pushing her. And they were just talking. On September 22, 1981, at approximately 8:30 p.m., Michelle Reidenbach was last seen in the parking lot of the Super Duper Market, located on South Main St. in Zelienople Borough, Butler County, PA. Chief Joe Perciavalle: Just put it on there just in case somebody came. Especially her. She's like, "I'm fine with it. 8:00 - 23:00 . He says he believed her. They got up and said, "Are these the clothes that you were wearing?" Jen Glovan: They had good times and they had bad times. December 9, 2021 / 1:18 PM I have no idea. CIRCUMSTANCES: A teenage boy who was playing in the area found the dismembered remains of a full-term pregnant female. Glovan recalls Rachael coming to her that Super Bowl weekend in tears. Then, just minutes after being dropped back home -- around 10:45 p.m. -- Rachael was shot several times at close range. Erin Moriarty: But it's just a coincidence, though, that, right after you get it, it's suddenly made public. 2018 in Aliquippa, Pa. As the District Attorney for Beaver County, I . S. A person of interest in her murder was convicted in. According to the report, it was nearly 2 a.m. when Rachael and Jeter were discovered in her car, not 11 p.m. as Rachael had said, and not at the Circle K, but in an abandoned lot. Jen Glovan: [Sighs] I told her that I believed her, but, like, in my gut and in my heart [crying] I knew she was lying. Pa unsolved murders - cst.fun2ride.de Sheldon Jeter Jr. was arrested for the murder of Tyric Pugh just two days later and charged with criminal homicide. Chief Joe Perciavalle: I asked if they did a report. I've known her since we were kids. I mean, I I -- I guess so. He enlisted in the USMC in March 1965. Joe DelTondo: He tried to ruin my daughter and my family. As slaying of Aliquippa teacher hits 2-year mark, DA says probe in Asst. He was so successful that an local online magazine dubbed Catroppa "The Wolf of Aliquippa." Edward Surratt - Wikipedia Santicola believes this should have led the juror in question to disclose her physical ties to DelTondo. Erin Moriarty: And he -- and he was upset about it? Lisa DelTondo, Rachael's mother, believes Sheldon Jeter was involved in her daughter's murder. Authorities won't say whether they were able to verify Frank's alibi, and eyebrows were raised when he appeared on social media wearing a T-shirt that read: "fake alibi." And I said, "I'm gonna ask you two -- two questions." LISA DELTONDO [voicemail]: Spend some time in Aliquippa and you'll be able to write a best-seller. Witnesses in the area stated that they saw a person matching Jolene's description enter an unidentified light yellow car, approximately one block from her family's residence on North Washington Avenue. Hometown of Jimmy Stewart, Indiana Pennsylvania. John Paul: What you're seeing is patrolmen working not in one town they're having to work at two, three, or four different police departments to support themselves. I knew that. Santicola claimed the womans soon-to-be-ex-husband suffered post-traumatic stress disorder from seeing DelTondos body in the driveway. Rachael DelTondo's tragic murder remained unsolved, just as Tyric Pugh was killed under eerily similar circumstances in May 2020. Around the time Sheldon returned home alone, a motorist discovered Tyric's body and called 911. On the evening of May 13, 2018, Mother's Day, Rachael's protector, Bolton, was out of town and Rachael decided to go out with Lauren. When she called me, I don't know if it was because she was marrying him or because of the ring -- it was a six-carat oval. He's currently working at Lowe's. Lisa DelTondo says her daughter told her that she was cooperating in an ongoing investigation by state police, into alleged corruption in the Aliquippa Police Department, and that she had received death threats. So, Frank went to the Aliquippa Police Department and asked Assistant Police Chief Joe Perciavalle if there was an incident report. Lisa DelTondo: $4,500 it wasn't chump change. Just hours after Rachael DelTondo was killed, police were at Sheldon Jeter's doorstep looking to question him and a search warrant application indicates that visit raised questions. So she started to not tell people that she was talking to me. That's probably why Rachael's former fianc, Frank Catroppa, was one of the first people questioned by police. Additionally, because it was believed that John Doe had served in the United States Marine Corps, a request for assistance was sent to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS). It feels like I have a hole in my heart, she said in her victim impact statement. And the passenger seat was fully reclined. And if you look at the way this girl was shot and if you look at the close range that she was shot, this was somebody who was comfortable with a gun somebody that did not waiver, did not have emotion involved in this. It was higher than in 67.6% U.S. cities. In October, 2017, police in Philadelphia used DNA to rule out a possible link to a family in Tennessee. Friend details murder victim Rachael DelTondos last moments, "There's no evidence there that ties him to the crime," Sheldon Jeter's attorney, Michael Santicola, told "48 Hours." Joe DelTondo: I think I would've heard it I was right in that chair where I always am. More. Lisa DelTondo: But the point is, she's still not here. . The case was twice covered by America's Most Wanted, most recently in 2008. BEAVER A Beaver County judge on Wednesday sentenced Sheldon Jeter to life in prison without the possibility of parole after denying a mistrial motion filed by his attorney. Joe and Lisa DelTondo insist their daughter did nothing wrong. and -- came together. Tesla denied the motion, arguing the evidence provided didnt meet statutory requirements. He went on trial in June 2021. But today, the city can't even afford a fully-staffed police force. Chief Joe Perciavalle: He was upset. And when you start having services run that way -- you start having problems. She was last seen wearing a rust-colored wool fringed sweater, blue collared polo shirt with "Pump and Pantry" written on it, white pants, gray Nike sneakers, a blue "Pump-N-Pantry" hat, and a homemade hemp necklace. After the release of the report, Rachael was finally finished with Frank, but Lisa wasn't. John Paul: Certainly, they shined a light in a place that was very dark -- that a lot of people felt wasn't even a place worth bother looking at. we both stood up and we were in each other's, you know, faces at that point. But according to Catroppa the relationship wasn't the same. And the chief told me, give it to him. They're following me.'". Perciavalle says that's because he heard about the encounter months after it happened, and although police found no evidence that Rachael had engaged in improper behavior, the assistant chief wanted a record of the event. A .22 caliber round was recovered within his body. aliquippa, pa unsolved murders. Erin Moriarty: Did, in fact, Rachael DelTondo's murder shine a light where people didn't want it to be? They stopped on the sidewalk by her friend's house on Myrtle Street in Scranton. And -- she just kind of, you know, swung at me. In fact, I told both sides that, at the end of the day, my objective was that council was going to pick this case. He become known as "the Boy in the Box" and "America's Unknown Child.". Michael Santicola: She was engaged at the time she was having a relationship with -- with Sheldon. The police said the windows were steamed over, which made them believe the vehicle had been parked for some time. Her family has begun to lose hope that they'll ever see justice. Robert was a self-employed furniture repairman. Chief Joe Perciavalle: He told me she was tryin' to get back with him. State Police located this gun and ammunition in Sheldon Jeter Jr.'s bedroom that matched the shell casings from the Tyric Pugh crime scene. She had been driving cross country to meet a friend in New Jersey. Frank DelTondo: There was no ill intent. John William Leonard, Sr., was 52 years of age at the time of his murder and the father of five young children. Through the combined efforts of the Pennsylvania State Police, Criminal Investigation Assessment/Missing Persons Unit, NCIS, USMC, University of Texas Center for Human Identification, Chester County District Attorney's Office, Chester County Coroner's Office, and family members, John Doe was positively identified via DNA as United States Marine Cpl. John Paul: If the things that she said proved true, they would be problematic for him. Jen Gloven [crying]: She grabbed my hand and she just said, "You know, please just don't tell anybody this. And I'm like, "Yeah." Remember, they also turned their attention to Frank Catroppa, who was dating someone new when Rachael was murdered. Home; Branches; Donations; Blog; Contact Us; About Us; Free Hepatitis Vaccination; where is brushkana alaska Menu Close What do you mean? Jeter and Pugh were raised together by both families, they said, noting theres still no motive for the killing. warren community center swim lessons. Copyright 2023 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. But John Paul says Rachael offered no proof. The case shook Aliquippa and remains the ninth unsolved murder in a city with an underfunded and understaffed police department. Convicted of a single murder and several rapes in 1978, he remains the prime suspect in a series of murders in Pennsylvania, Ohio and South Carolina between 1977 and 1978. Frank Catroppa: Yeah, at one time I was, absolutely. In May 2020, almost two years to the day that Rachael DelTondo was gunned down, a young man named Tyric Pugh was shot multiple times. aliquippa, pa unsolved murders. Copyright 2023 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Lisa DelTondo: She'd come in every night, sit at my bed and give me a synopsis of the whole day. Wells' change purse was on the ground by the car, money still inside. Frankie didn't wanna do that. 911 was contacted by a passing motorist who observed the boys on the road. Erin Moriarty: Frank, I'm gonna ask you directly. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. Someone anonymously emailed and texted the incident report to Rachael's school, the local school board, the media and the mayor. aliquippa, pa unsolved murders Lisa DelTondo: I said that night, "You know, this is gonna be a cold case." A misdemeanor charge of corruption of minors is still pending. Erin Moriarty: Do you think Frank was obsessed with Rachael? Rachael told John Paul, as well as family and friends, that in late 2017, she began speaking to the Pennsylvania State Police in connection with an ongoing investigation they had into possible corruption in Aliquippa. First published on May 18, 2019 / 11:02 PM. Please enter valid email address to continue. Even if true, the age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16. Michelle Reidenbach, DOB: 12/29/1964, Age at disappearance: 16 White/Female, Small build Height: 5'2", Weight: 110 lbs. This is the last PSP can independently substantiate Diane Wolf's location. Morgan was last seen in his vehicle going through a toll booth on the turnpike. Theory 1 And I'm like, "Well, I don't want him to hear, like, I'm coming back" So I kind of just sent it to her like, I don't know, "go for a walk, stay in the car." The Pennsylvania State Police, Troop H, Newport, continues their investigation of the criminal homicide of Lynne Marie Stansfield, a 46 year old white female and Dale Gene Wolf, a 43 year old white male. The victim was shot seven times on the night of May 15 . Less than a month after the murder, the Aliquippa Police Department had three different police chiefs in one week. Me and my brother look very much alike, so when I look at myself I cant help but to see him. Charlotte had been strangled and shot to death. The Pennsylvania State Police is attempting to contact anyone who may have information concerning this incident. Erin Moriarty: As you sit here, do you believe that Frank Catroppa had to have at least been involved? NEWS REPORT: "An Aliquippa man who was a key figure in the unsolved murder of an Aliquippa woman is now charged in another homicide" On May 17, 2020, almost two years to the day that Rachael DelTondo was gunned down, Tyric Pugh, whom Sheldon Jeter and Michael Moreland considered family, was fatally shot. Person of interest in Pa. woman's unsolved Mother's Day - pennlive Morgan Peters was found deceased with a gunshot wound. Dark blonde hair, Eyes: Blue/Wears glasses Michelle was last seen wearing: blue jeans, wine colored V-neck sweater, gold necklace with a "knot" pendant. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH REWARD.All information is accurate as of Release Date. At the time of her disappearance she was 47 years old, 55, and 190 lbs. All information is accurate as of Release Date. BEAVER A Beaver County judge on Wednesday sentenced Sheldon Jeter to life in prison without the possibility of parole after denying a mistrial motion filed by his attorney. 2023 www.timesonline.com. Surveillance cameras captured Sheldon Jeter Jr. leaving home with Tyric Pugh, seen here at 11:10 p.m. Later, cameras captured Sheldon returning alone. And after that night, Frankie and Rachael did not speak to us for an entire year. Tire Collection Events. I mean it went back and forth a lot. Glovan says Rachael told her there was an incident involving her and a 17-year-old Aliquippa high school football star named Sheldon Jeter. The Pennsylvania State Police, Troop P, Wyoming, continue their investigation of the criminal homicide of Keith John Polerecki. It has been determined that Cpl. A city where, she said, officials were being paid to turn a blind eye to illegal behavior. Steve Colafella: They haven't actually used the term "cleared," but I've had a number of conversations with them, and he's no longer a person of interest. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH REWARD. When Rachael was slain in 2018, she was 33 years old. On February 11, 2004, between 11:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. she finished her shift at the Pump-N-Pantry. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH REWARD. But strangely, it was written more than a year after the actual incident. Lisa DelTondo: You know how you get engaged and you let the woman take over? The organization announced that those with information leading to an arrest in the killing of. In October 2011, NCIS and the United States Marine Corps Absentee Collection Unit discovered a potential match to John Doe while reviewing records of individuals that were reported Absent Without Official Leave (AWOL) in October 1968. That person, 22-year-old Sheldon Jeter Jr., was jailed in the Beaver County over the weekend. As it turns out, there was a report and Perciavalle had a copy on his desk. What do you know about this?". Erin Moriarty: Did you have anything to do, at all, with her death? Catroppa says it was a joke. And I also did, you know, show -- other folks, and asked questions to the people that were close to her. aliquippa, pa unsolved murders Evidence submitted during the trial included a .380 semi-automatic pistol and ammunition found under Jeter's mattress that experts testified matched empty shell casings at the crime scene, as well as video footage placing Jeters vehicle nearby. Moriarty asked Catroppa why people would think he was involved and he answered, "Maybe just, you know, we had a long relationship.". Lisa DelTondo bought her daughter a $10,000 wedding dress and a pair of $3,000 shoes. Jurors last month found 23-year-old Jeter guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting of 30-year-old Tyric Pugh. Erin Moriarty: Was she pushing you to get married? As for the fetal analysis, the results suggest that the geographic origin of gestation occurred in the Southeastern USA. Come on. The two had recently reconnected. tony bloom starlizard. Joe Perciavalle was Aliquippa's assistant chief of police when DelTondo was killed. .Byrd was shot multiple times in a daylight. Jen Glovan: She was bawling, hysterically crying, you know, shaking. The 2018 Aliquippa crime rate fell by 30% compared to 2017. This transaction was recorded by paper records and video surveillance. After supper, Rachael went for ice cream with friends. Sheldon's attorney insists it's not his client's fault that cops picked up the wrong clothes. And then he goes, "Well what are you doing?" aliquippa, pa unsolved murdersannalise mahanes height. ALIQUIPPA PA Crime Watchers is increasing the stakes for an unsolved murder in Aliquippa. Scott was deceased at the scene and Shawn was transported from the scene and pronounced dead at an area hospital. Did you follow Rachael? Rachael DelTondo was shot multiple times at the foot of her parents' driveway in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. There are multiple theories about who did it and why, including one that someone in the local police department was responsible. And he just wanted to know if it was true 'cause he don't wanna look stupid. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH REWARD. Aliquippa: Frank Catroppa Wedding And Net Worth, Who - Mixedarticle She was just trying to help a teenager in need, she told Frank. On November 10, 1994, Rod Hager was shot in the back while outside laying concrete block; building his garage at his residence located along Nices Hollow Road, Porter Township, Lycoming County. I'm not a police officer. WHAT CAN YOU DO: If you have information on this crime, any serious crime, or wanted person, call Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers Toll Free at 1-800-4PA-TIPS. There's a lotta money, too, that I lost, like, you know, deposits on halls and churches that's what they chose to do. While driving, Lauren says they passed Sheldon Jeter in a car full of people. John Paul: I can say, based on my reporting, that Frank Catroppa is the subject of a grand jury investigation being run by the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office. Ray Gricars paramour arrived home from work at approximately 5:00 p.m., and he was not there. and she's gettin' a little frustrated, like "when am I gonna get this ring on my finger.". One year after Rachael DelTondo was shot to death, there are plenty of theories, but no arrests, leaving some to wonder if the case will ever be solved. Wendy Chaney, 39, of Hagerstown, Md. Murder of Pennsylvania teacher remains unsolved - CBS News John Paul: I mean, we're talking about a population of roughly 9,000, give or take, where there are nine unsolved homicides. How could I do corruption? Joining a queue of unsolved cases in the area, this 2018 murder saw . After June 10, the Crime Solvers extra reward will expire and callers will only receive the $5,000 from the PA. District Attorney David Lozier told "48 Hours" an announcement will be made when they believe they can win a case beyond reasonable doubt. On July 29, 2009, in an effort to further the investigation, members of the Pennsylvania State Police, Criminal Investigation Assessment/Missing Persons Unit, with assistance from the Chester County District Attorney's Office and Chester County Coroner's Office, exhumed John Doe's body. Erin Moriarty: How did you know he was drunk? As winter turned into spring of 2018, Rachael DelTondo was trying hard to put her fears behind her. Jen Glovan: And I just said, "Rachael," I said, "I just feel like something's wrong I don't know what it is, but you're doing something which is not good [crying] and I'm worried about you." Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.
Guntersville High School Basketball, Articles A