Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Its not that it isnt doing well. Nationality: Korean Staying silent is the BEST thing she can do. Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that they bullied Hyunjoo and DSP did nothing about it. Let the company come to her on this one, make them deal with it on her (or her lawyer's) terms. Who do you think is the most problematic fandom and why? Sejak saat itu, popularitas grup ini pun meredup. WebMarch 2, 2021 April K-Pop Band: April, the K-pop girl group is in the news for controversies. And just as importantly, the agency failed. Your browser has JavaScript disabled. Contact, meluvelvet, theo, HighDee , #LoveMyself, AhsyZai, ChuuPenguin, mianhemianhe, EunAura, Lily Perez, Arnest Lim, Jerick Adrian Mosquete, Binnies waist, moslace, Alexis-Reenae Schurter, Jinsol, marie, m i n e l l e, felipe grin, Choi Kang, The Nexus, s , Martin Junior,, Chuuriah Carey,Gabby Mesina,Sseoula, Ryuj,RebeccaN, APRILs interview on Shindong Gayo, in APRIL Star Interview, Newsen and in the Showcase of Take My Hand, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0bA3fFmIMY, [MV] APRIL() Now or Never Music Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0bA3fFmIMY), [MV] April Japan 2nd Single AlbumOh-e-Oh Music Video (https://youtu.be/IYpJjaMkpNM). I'm very surprised there's so little sympathy for them; I would have thought there would be more people who have experienced those wonderful school group projects where the teachers don't care that one group member is struggling with a bad home situation / mental health and can't contribute as much, which puts so much pressure and stress on the rest to pick up the slack. Yeji's faux dreads that she called "swag hair" were a bit iffy. On May1, 2016, Chaewon released single Clock with Chaekyung. K-pop She trained for 6 months at DSP Media before joining APRIL. Your receipt to a hospital doesnt tie anything to me in a court of law. But when it comes to their Korean counterparts, talent is optional. Height: 161 cm (53) On Sunday (Feb 28), someone claiming to be her When Kim Hee-chul, member of the boy band Super Junior, claimed he was the most handsome member of his band, fans found it amusing. IU (unless you consider normal dating problematic) and Kim Sejeong are squeaky-clean. I don't see any news about it. Girl group rumors/accusations really are the worst. Problematic Idols (@Pr0blematicIdol) / Twitter Mistakes are sometimes the best method of growth, and we really cannot continue to support a culture that throws the baby out with the bathwater. A person doesn't become inherently worthless or terrible for one mistake or even several. Do they keep their word when they say they won't repeat a behavior? It was a terrible situation that should have never happened, or should have been immediately recognized and corrected as soon as it happened. yeah to be honest, when it came out that Micheal from 5SOS was being accused of sexual assault - I was so disappointed because I love 5SOS - but the rumour was disproved. BirthName: LeeJin Sol () unlike big 3, group from small company like april probably have debt to company. Like TVVL trn Facebook nh! DSP, comeback when. Well the same thing happened to T-ara, people though that the members where bullying Hwayoung but in the end it turned out she was the snake. WebAnswer (1 of 5): People will dislike K-Pop, as it is a music genre after all. allkpop is a registered trademark of 6Theory Media, LLC. Position: Main Vocalist, Rapper allkpop is a registered trademark of 6Theory Media, LLC. HyunJoo then posted a statement on her personal instagram on the 18th of April, 2021 backing the claims made by the two netizens which had made the accusations. Position: Lead Vocalist, Maknae Think about where you personally draw the line between an artist and their art, which things are irredeemable to your personal sense of morality, how much control they have over the situation, whether the person has shown remorse and growth towards being a better person (and whether it matters, in the context of what they did wrong), etc, and then decide for yourself whether you are still willing to be a fan of the group. January 28, 2022 She is a former PURETTY member. Sign up for The Top of the World, delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. We couldn't take it. APRIL () was a girl group under DSP Media. She also stated that the label, DSP Media, was not allowing her to terminate her exclusive contract with them. Chaewon has hyperhidrosis, which means she sweats a lot. The april girls were annoyed by Hyunjoo because she was lazy and skipped most practices and schedules while blaming it on her sickness. [GIVEAWAY] Win VVVIP tickets to PIXY's 'KARMA IS A B 2023 USA TOUR! 1. Contracts are a thing, and have monetary consequences if the company doesn't voluntarily release you. The difference is, when J. It felt as if we were being stripped naked. Instagram (Japan): @official.april_jp Nevertheless, slut-shaming remains a societal mainstay, as does the infantilization of female pop idols. Its Former K-pop girl group April allegedly bullied former member Hyunjoo Naeun Loses over 100,000 Followers Following APRIL Bullying WebAnswer (1 of 3): Well i don't know if you can call that "problematic" but all of them have done a few offensive things. Because you're the "weak" one. Show more Jinsol fun facts, Former Members: Later, Lee Hyunjoo wore those shoes when she appeared on 'The Unit'. However, there's to an extent where you take your anger out on someone (especially someone suffering from mental health). As for girl groups, theres some progress there, too, with songs like Miss As I Dont Need A Man, dedicated to all the independent ladies and Mamamoos I Do Me, which includes the line what if I dont look pretty? WebThis is where the problem with Naeun reportedly stealing Hyunjoos pair of shows happened but according to others, Naeun had bought the same pair of shoes and that incident was Its not that it isnt doing well. They debuted on August 24, 2015, with the mini-album Dreaming and its title track "Dream Candy". Bullying is a big no, and I'm not saying she isn't a victim, I'm saying I also have a lot of sympathy for the other members of April whose efforts to debut were negatively affected by Hyunjoo's absences. APRIL Members Profile: APRIL Facts Many have cosmetic surgery and dance provocatively, but are still expected to adhere to outdated Confucian norms about sexual conduct in their private lives while men can do as they please.. Last year there was Vibratos Stellar, which features the female members of the band locked in glass cages and surrounded by cameras. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. However, some people genuinely believe K-Pop is the work of the devil and is the only thing in between a Do you know more facts about them? Naeun plays Kim Hana in the web drama A-Teen. It was a follow-up to the girl groups breakout release Lalalilala which was released the same year. Besides, K-pop isnt the only musical genre fraught with sexist content. But that doesnt matter in K-pop, she added, because everything can be touched up. During a May 2014 Reddit AMA, when asked if she liked K-pop, Wolfgang replied, I hate it. AKMU (unless you have an issue with normal sibling rivalry). Birthday: August 28, 2000 Feel free to comment below. Why I think this opinion is unpopular: Most comments on articles about this have zero sympathy for April members, for example the top comment of the r/kpop article on the situation says "April and Dsp deserve everything coming to them": https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/lw94wu/former_april_member_lee_hyunjoos_brother_refutes/. 2022. A recent survey of pre-teens showed that 21 percent of respondents wanted to be K-pop stars when they grow up, the most popular career choice. At that time, we didn't have money, and I was receiving 50,000 Won allowance from my mom. For me, I think the blame should be placed on those who created the situation between them, i.e. This is the major problem with letting someone else speak for you. Show more Chaekyung fun facts, Chaewon We have changed the date to March 5 and will reduce the filming to just 2 of the main characters,Lee Je Hoon andLee Som. They debuted on August 24, 2015 with the mini album Dreaming. And sadly, the old members of April decided to turn that anger into bullying and that is their consequence. Show more Somin fun facts, Hyunjoo In this situation, imagine your fellow members, those on whom you should be depending on to encourage you, to encourage and support each other as a group, as friends even, are now taking out their frustrations on you, simply because you make a nice scapegoat. -She appeared in King of the masked singer as a Dalgona (episode 261 and 262) Weight: 44 kg (97 lbs) But what matters is that none of this excuses their behavior. She is close with Nayeon, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu of TWICE. DSP Media had also taken legal action against Lee and her family for defamation at the time. It may be rare because most people disagree with the stance OR because the opinion is not discussed often. Then it exploded. But, because she dresses like a child in the video, rather than spark a national dialogue about the pedophiliac overtones of dressing grown women like schoolgirls, instead she was accused of using pedophiliac imagery to sell records. Show more Yena fun facts, Rachel Korean pop music has a problem. When the sister of one of these members said NOW that Hyunjoo was lazy when she was in reality at the hospital, it seems like the members didnt grow up from this. Privacy Policy 2007 - 2023 6Theory Media, LLC. Just last year, IU released the song Twenty-three, in which she sings about the pressure put upon female stars to appear child-like, despite the fact that she herself is becoming a mature woman. so basically you're agreeing with dsp. She was a participant in The Unit. She trained for 8 months before debuting with APRIL. Why do some people think K-pop is problematic? - Quora After the malicious rumours Why would I hide?, Outside the realm of K-pop, there are even more extreme examples of women asserting power in ways that violate Confucian norms. Thanks a lot! if the members of April were more understanding towards Hyunjoo, they would have not caused a situation like this! Welcome to r/unpopularkpopopinions, the subreddit for sharing your unpopular opinions about Kpop! APRIL Members Open Up About Bullying Controversy Involving They were known as the "DSP Girls" prior to the group's announcement. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. It looks like Hyunjoo and her party do not have the law with them, as it is hard to prove something like that. She left APRIL due to the concept they were doing. WebAPRIL () was a girl group under DSP Media. Twitter: @april_dspmedia Fundada em 1993, a Perfect Design trabalha h 25 anos aprimorando continuamente suas tcnicas, acompanhando a evoluo dos produtos e das necessidades do mercado. No one is an actual artist. She also pointed out that songs, dance routines and clothes are handed to performers who have little to no artistic input, and that fans favor certain groups because of their look, not because they are talented.. If this issue was brought up, she most likely would have left the company altogether. Unpopular opinion: an opinion that is rare. I can't express how I felt then. APRIL () was a 6-member girl group under DSP Media. In the 2015 track Crazy Dog, for example, female artist Yezi raps, jacking off while watching my breast shot gifs, gripping a rag in one hand, typing on the keyboard with the other, no matter how much you diss me, you cant console yourself.. DSP (or the teachers in the group project example). And yet Hyunjoo's problems caused pain for April. WebApril 's Naeun has been pulled from more brands and shows due to her bullying controversy. She is born inIncheon, Incheon Metropolitan City,South Koreaand raised inSiheung,Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. The hosts then demanded that her bandmate, Kang Ji Young, make coquettish faces for them. Thousands of Korean children dream of becoming household names, often putting up with punishing schedules in the hope of one day making it big in the music industry. It was navy, and we all bought the same ones so we couldn't tell whose was whose. ok then never mind outasting one member, ignoring her and essentially being the group's punching bag. DSP Media, which managed the band, announced the news as it issued a statement to South Korean news outlet SPOTV News. Didnt they have the nazi controversy a few months ago? She trained for 5 years. Three years later, South Korea debuted its first "idol" group, the boy band H.O.T., followed in 1997 by its first major girl group, S.E.S. V Live:LEE HYUN JOO our goal was always to provide accurate and unbiased information about kpop groups who have been involved with cultural appropriation/racism scandals. WebWith that being said, here's a list of problematic things your faves have done. On January 28, 2022, DSP Media announced the group had officially disbanded after six years and the members have decided to part ways, following a long period of careful discussion and deliberation. DSP Media, which managed the band, announced the news as it issued a statement to South Korean news outlet SPOTV They are not charity entities, they have to think about profits and what's more profitable to their image. In fact, according to geotagged Twitter data, K-pop is killing it in Tokyo, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur, and its caught on in Saudi Arabia and Poland, too. The April situation isn't in my opinion part of why she chose to stay in the company. These people will still go on to interact with people and impact society, perhaps even raising children down the line. WebBack on Feb. 28, someone who claims to be former APRIL member Hyunjoo's younger brother shared a post to an online community forum claiming that his sister was forced Entertainment reported sales of $84.6 million, but in only two years, sales rose to $200 million the same year Gangnam Style became the first YouTube video to reach 1 billion views. Blood Type: O Checking the dorm CCTV and the CCTV outside the dorm, we couldn't find anything like it. Im sure theres some out there :), None-if you look hard enough you'll find something problemtic about any group,the ones that seem unproblematic are usually rookies that didn't have much time to mess up or nugus that nobody follows so they aren't familiar enough with them. The group consists of Chaekyung, Chaewon, Naeun, Yena, Rachel, and Jinsol. The mental health of idols Many idols in the past have spoken on how theyve personally been hurt due to some netizens leaving malicious comments about their visuals. download ti liu WoPhO 2012: Problem 4 Heat capacity of moist porous solid Deadline April, 30 2012 cc bn click vo nt download bn di. we did this to educate those who may be interested in stanning these groups Before I list the things they did: credits to Kpop_Receiptz on twitter. Zodiac Sign:Cancer "The April members further alleged Hyunjoo never discussed issues with them, but always went straight to the agency, which would put the members in a bad light.-As for the reason behind the bullying allegations, the members said:"We were scared because Lee Hyunjoo was always sick and skipped practice. The group disbanded on January 28, 2022. Register yourself now and be a part of our community! On February 28, 2021, a post was made to an online forum by someone claiming to be former member Hyunjoo's brother. Now, part 2 of April's interview has been released.The April members' diary entries and psychological treatment sessions were released as follows: -The reporter asked what occurred before Hyunjoo left the group:"The agency was considerate of Hyunjoo who found dorm life difficult and allowed her to use her cell phone. Position:Leader, Vocalist In light of this, does anyone have a recommendation of a non-problematic/controversial group? Oferecer solues em identificao, oferecendo produtos com design exclusivo e com a melhor qualidade. forcing her to release a statement seems to be the best solution for dsp right now. Geez, what a mess. I had become someone that stole other people's belongings again, and everyone cornered me. Updated:In APRILs interview on Shindong Gayo, in APRIL Star Interview, Newsen and in the Showcase of Take My Hand ChaeKyung was introduced as the Leader of April, Who is your APRILbias? Kpop Boy Group Profiles All the allegations need to be taken seriously and carefully, as it is IMPOSSIBLE right now to separate lies from truth. She asked us to check all our bags as well so we did. Her shoe size is 230mm. This video was not filmed for the purpose of a broadcast and was actually just a birthday party video. I'm also not going to judge the members by the actions or words of other people, especially not the "boyfriend" which seems to be more like a creepy stalker than an actual boyfriend (like cropping others out of a group picture to make it look like it was just Naeun and himself). Im pretty sure Itzy hasnt been in any controversies (not 100% sure though). Debut Later on, we got paranoid and wanted to buy a recording machine. SNS Blood Type:A She is born in Seoul, South Korea. The producers stated,"The filming for the promotional video was originally scheduled for March 2, but it's been canceled. Zodiac Sign:Taurus The decision was made after a long discussion and deliberation. your own problems shouldnt cause pain for others. India Dot Com Private Limited. Press J to jump to the feed. She acts in the web drama A-Teens spin-off series, Met You Again (2019). WTF? Recomendo, Indico e com certeza comprarei mais!, Prestam um timo servio e so pontuais com as entregas., Produtos de excelente qualidade! Iirc it was a claim made by the brother, and while I'm not saying he's unreliable, we haven't heard April's or DSP's side of that situation. Its weird because of you. No doubt this is a message directed at the public, and the industry. Her shoe size is 240mm. WebKpop idols similar to western artists make mistakes and are sometimes problematic the only difference is that idols get BACKLASH while majority of the time western artists DO NOT. It doesn't matter if the accusations are true or not, brands don't want to be associated with drama. #BTS #BTSARMY #BLACKPINK Basically they dont vibe with each other. Website (Japan):aprilweb.jp I just have to ask- are you holding Western artists to this same standard? Members of K-pop group SISTAR pose on the red carpet during the Mnet Asian Music Awards in Hong Kong, November 22, 2013. Sure, some groups may have arguments and we may never know about it but as long as they are able to work it out together, then problem solved. She was added to APRIL along with Rachel in November 2016. https://www.instagram.com/p/CL41EWABUo3/?igshid=4aw1goj1n8tl, He defended her girlfriend on instagram like he know hyejoo was victim of bullying by all the members, Oh well she looks cute in my dp will continue to use her. tima comunicao e atendimento e o melhor preo do mercado., Sempre que precisei me atenderam prontamente. Somin was literally an adult anyway, They WERE uncharacteristically cruel, what they did to this poor girl went way beyond teenage cattiness. Zodiac Sign:Gemini The Every group and individual have made mistakes and are continuing to learn and improve. Zodiac Sign: Scorpio Who are you referring to? In mid-2016, Jinsol participated in survival showGirls Spirit. Chaewon participated in DSP Medias Christmas album with the song You Are The One. He has a couple of pics with Naeun and other April members and now that's proof he's her boyfriend? You think bullying at age 19 is okay? She is now in co-ed group K.A.R.D which is also under DSP Media. Their statements are basically a ur nice but if u werent that weak u wouldnt have been bullied, have a nice day. K-pop girl band APRIL disbands following bullying scandal - WION
Lacrosse Tournaments 2022, Ambetter Provider Login Texas, Summon Sandstorm Terraria Calamity, Articles A