Im new to Zwift and its racing and what I like notice is how well I do compared to theRead more , This is not just about cheating. IfRead more . 2 Likes _Jynxy_EVO (:)) October 1, 2021, 1:41pm #8 thxs mike, As we said in the first post, "Assuming race organizers can access the data via ZwiftPower, and the site includes simple tools for spotting potential weight or height dopers (perhaps flagging those who made dramatic changes recently), then hiding weight and height data from the public should work swimmingly." Think of ZwiftPower, then, as something similar to Strava, only entirely Zwift-focused, and free! indispensabile essere sinceri nel dichiarare il proprio peso , per se stessi e per il rispetto degli altri . As long as people are using reasonable weight/height and arent cheating or changing it drastically all the time (my scales autoupdate my weight, so mine changes once a day, but by small increments), Im much more interested in being able to see the weight of my teammates so I can properly plan my TTT lineup than I am the weight of my competitors. Zwift lets you adjust the difficulty of your workout, before or even during your ride. Generally weigh myself once a month. If you're putting out enough power, then you can make your way up the ranks and keep on racing. Many riders is talking about cheating, when someone enters a lower category but it's not, in my opinion. I agree Paul great idea. My HR numbers are almost identical to yours. Context, Tim, context! 2022 SNOW Sprint Series Last week I did the prl full and Uber pretzel and tried to get #1 by weight on those segments. You have lowered your weight and skewed your power graph so it is inaccurate. Some weight dopers are obvious and blatant other times its much less egregious. The latest race content, interviews, features, reviews and expert buying guides, direct to your inbox! The other race, events, and activities are needed to display that data. Why try to force IRL parameters that can not be enforced. If someone on zwift holds an avg power at a given heart rate, then goes out on the road and holds that same heart rate but cannot sustain even close to that power, I am sorry, but that isnt physiology; that is hardware. Not true, at least not absolutely. Yes, we need to be categorized by our race ranking, not power. also interesting about this equation are the: wattage data points and the zwift computations of W/Kg. The algorithms very much help heavier riders in descents, which gets forgotten when all we discuss is climbing. Or weight bonuses for completing events that last for a set amount of days or even hours. Though our intent is to protect potentially vulnerable users by removing labels that can trigger unhealthy behaviour What are they trying to protect? Most of the time, this will be what you use to figure out your race category. there seems to be a lot of variability in power products and what people are using to feed into zwift. So its not that easy for light people to hide in the pack and benefit from the draft in Zwift, which is half the reality (in many ways its easier IRL). You could attend races where all categories go together (same start, all riders visible) for a while if you find that to be more fun This community-driven site is maintained by Eric Schlange and a team of Zwift enthusiasts. Whether w/kg is the appropriate way to categorise races is anotherRead more , As a 92kg rider, with a w/kg FTP of 289 (or 3.14 w/kg) I wholeheartedly agree. Hardly true Say you train and commit yourself to being honest to achieve better fitness,and also better results, albeit virtually..then someone finishes better than you solely because of the BS numbers they entered. Its ridiculous. ZwiftPower - Login He had fun laughing at fat dad, but I pipped him at the line! I hope they learn from this and are more careful with things like that in the future. It lets Zwift racers and race organisers track results and check out all the details of the races they've participated in, as well as monitoring and analysing their data. Share your thoughts below, and you may also wish to share those thoughts on the actual forum post. Blaming Zwift for allowing cheaters is the system problem that gets more people frustrated, upset, etc. Zwift Insider is independent of Zwift corporate (www.zwift.com), although Zwift does provide funding to help defray site costs. That is pretty low compared to most people on zwiftpower. how do i change my weight on zwift power - popupafrica.com 5 year age categories and incredibly competitive a in most age groups, Thanks so much for your helpful comment. Tough to recover after attacks in a race when youre always near maxing out. If its not done during a competitive Zwift event, I dont see it as a problem. All rights reserved. A strict w/kg classification isnt perfect. Yes, but hopefully the system would be designed so, if drop a category then begin doing well, you get upgraded again! What particularly annoys me is being beaten by light but moderately powerful riders doing individual time trials on flat courses. The key phrase there is have the same W/kg its very easy to boost your W/kg simply tell Zwift you are lighter than you really are. I take issue with the weight doping is okay in none competitive events because of strava. It's also possible to filter results and data by categories, such as different age or power ranges. LOL. Weight doping is a key challenge for cycling esports to overcome, and its one reason why many big races (e.g., those with prize money) require riders to show up and weigh in on-location in a supervised environment. BA1 1UA. There is enough variation in power profile to make it interesting without weight, what makes racing fun is trying to create tactics that favour yourRead more , Interesting & well reasoned article which answers a lot of things which were puzzling me. Leave the setting unchanged and climbs often feel challenging. Zwift How-To: Adjusting Your Trainer Difficulty | Zwift Blaming Zwift for eating disorders is not sensible. If you gave the power, it will come out. In fact, the only riders at or below my w/kg were minutes off the back. Are you efficient, or just heavy? We may call it sandbagging or reversed weight doping but its legal . They do? I just we had a better system than category limits, racing license anybody? Whats the cheaters solution? I think the Zwift algorithm is quite relevant because it implies a good workout in any race for any kind of rider (and thats what we are looking for). As an ambitioned A Racer with no smart scale, I stick to the higher end of the spectrum when setting my Zwift weight once a week. 0.5kg discrepancy either side is actually quite small. The bottom line is that in any competition there will always be someone who wants to cheat to win.Read more . The only way for complete cheat free racing is in the zwift Pro race which is all done in a single room with all riders together. Its only a bit of fun at my level (solid B with the odd podium). Zwift posted a follow-up message on the forum, Zwift x UCI To Host Cycling Events for the Olympic Esports Series 2023, Race London ZRacing March Series Details, Notable Zwift Events for the Weekend of March 4-5. If people want to cheat, they will and can do so in any uncontrolled situation. Other planned changes communicated last week, including plans to improve the reporting features in Zwift will be rolled out as planned. Thats why there are no top 40 Cat C riders in 70-75Kg range. Maybe also add weight change limit 2kg per week? What do you include in your Zwift weight? : r/Zwift - reddit He argues hes not gaining an advantage. Im curious to see this summer if I can do the numbers outdoors as I push out on Zwift but I cant even think of a road to use for 30 mins without stop signs, pot holes, lots of traffic, etc. If I lose 1 more pound Ill go to 4.0 and its a daunting thing to think of going to As when I am often cruddy in the Bs. Im surprised that (off wheel) smart trainers dont have the ability to weigh the rider when they get on the bike. Well Eric, my weight is plummeting, and Ill probably be taking a break from Zwift over the summer, so Im sure the upgrade is coming very soon!!! This site contains affiliate links to Amazon, Wahoo, and other brands. Thats a good thing. Yet the lesson is clear if you want to win, even on flat courses, have or claim a very low weight. As soon as there is a single bit of flat cheerio! The only trouble is the downhill doesnt take as long of course, so the light advantage is obviously better. Among the communicated changes were plans to hide the visibility of height and weight from ZwiftPower in an effort to encourage individual health and wellness. Everyone races at the same weight/height. My IRL time and my Zwift time are almost the same. When you're in the game, click "Menu". As long as youre being honest with yourself I wouldnt worry about it too much. I would suggest a free (for now) virtual race license that would outline racer behavior with consequences. w/kg is partially based on real world physics. Heres an idea: Take weigh out of the equation. On one occasion I entered a flat race (Laguardia Loop) following my ZP category (class C), finished almost three minutes down (though since it was a small field I still got third place), and then was disqualified for averaging 3.6 w/kg and 206 watts. But what exactly is ZwiftPower and how does it work? ZwiftPower Height & Weight Changes Postponed | Zwift Insider Current system means that heavy weight top of cat riders climb at the same speed as skinny guys with same wpk but can have 60% more power on the flats. Joining ZwiftPower isn't the most straightforward series of steps, but we've broken it down so you can get started as soon as possible. Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Do some races have split out start times so you are only racing with those of similar ability? ), So what is reverse weight doping? 1. Daniel has reported from the world's top races, including the Tour de France and the spring Classics, and has interviewed many of the sport's biggest stars, including Wout van Aert, Remco Evenepoel, Mark Cavendish, Demi Vollering, and Anna van der Breggen. The license would be needed to participate in ranked races, however if you dont have a license, other races would be available to participate in. Exactly, although As arent that regulated, unless you hit the premier class, which is a very small section of A riders. I dont think so. Bob, what on earth is that all about? It will not eliminate this behavior but the races will be much more realistic and enjoyable. If it is.. someone must be able to point me to the rule where it says that it is forbidden..? Look at ZP results. Now head back to ZwiftPower, click 'Connect' at the top of the page, then enter your Zwift ID in the box when prompted. How come I get beat in sprints when a 60kg guy puts out 700W, when I put out over 1000W at 76kg? Zwif: your ultimate guide Connecting to ZwiftPower Before you can start using ZwiftPower, you'll need to create an account. I dont know why this is, but i dont care one bit if people are cheating. Zwift doesn't need a fancy code fix, they don't need special anti-cheat software, special post race investigations, and they don't need to change anything other than when the game updates personal attributes. People can be far to either direction im 25 and my max that I have hit is 217. IRL cycling pros are not exactly heavy weights and lean-ness is highly encouraged. They do however have a disadvantage on any flat or downhill. I am always passed by everyone on the way up but can usually catch up on the way down (190cm/93kg). Find out more about how we test. You'll receive a four-digit code, which you'll then have to add to your last name back in your Zwift settings (you can change it back after the process is completed). Now I know it is a thing. Is a very strong rider for his age and trains hard. I know its just virtual but my godi hope they enjoy their lies. He lives in Northern California with his beautiful wife, two kids and dog. Manually change your weight in Zwift by adding 10 pounds. heavy riders have an advantage on flat courses.. https://zwiftinsider.com/wkg-tests/ plus 60-70kg is perferctly normal body weight for adult cyclists, nothing worth complaining about. I still have no sprint kick so Im never winning anything anyway. So its not Zwift putting you at a disadvantage but the situation itself, just as you would be in the real world in that situation. Or theyll ignore leaders instructions and ride off the front of a group (flyers). If thats not something that needs fixing then why run any races? For example the threshold for cat B is FTP over 200 watts and over 3.2 w/kg. Sure, easy! Congratulations John on your retirement and Zwift is a great retirement present. Zwift doesnt like this and disqualifies him on Zwift power. However, I was able to navigate to the settings page by doing the following. How To Change FTP On Zwift - The Cycling Point I currently weigh 59kgs but my BMI is 25 which technically overweight. its only cheating myself, instead I would prefer to spend that 2 painful hours doing something honestly and feel proud of it than zooming through it in sub 60m and not reap the same benefits (or in my case, pain). Then lets stop with all athletic competition! Someone sandbagging will get promoted out of category and will not be allowed to reg for lower categories. Great drafting skills!, Heres the thing: I probably am a fairly efficient racer, when I want to be. Otherwise I stand by my comment. If I wanted to win I just drop my weight to 65kgs 350w/65kgs is a lot better than 350w/85kgs, of course 350w/65kg is better than 350w/85kg, its a massive increase in w/kg. And this is why reverse weight doping is a thing. So I dont expect to be as competitive vs. a pure cyclist. A good rule we follow is to take our FTP divide it by 3 and then put that in as our weight (in Kilograms). This would include preventing people from entering the wrong (too low) category, and multiple month suspensions (race events would not appear in that persons Zwift application event list, no ability to enter) for using a height or weight that cannot be verified, or miscalibration of a smart trainer. ZwiftPower FAQ - Zwift Support I may try it just to see what difference it makes. I have heard women admit on social rides that their zwift weight is their goal weightRead more . It's a bit more complicated than most website sign-ups, but now you'll be all ready to get started. Even at my age I still plan to compete in MTB races when the world gets back to racing. Bikecalculator suggests not Go to http://bikecalculator.com/ enter an 85kg rider, riding on the drops for 16.2kms (ie an ITT) leaving all else unchanged. Actually no, sorry, I was wrong. But It doesnt mean that that person is going to be the person riding the bike on the trainer during the race does it. Any thoughts on verifying? Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. My performance IRL then probably looks pale compared to when Im racing in Zwift, I use the same power meter on Zwift as I do outdoors and I only push it outdoors during FTP tests and during closed road events (i.e. Updating Your Public Profile Zwift takes your physical measurements into account for things like leaderboards, speed, and your avatar's physical appea. Eric runs Zwift Insider in his spare time when he isn't on the bike or managing various business interests. Thats the graph. In real life, Id dust that guy. Im older heavier and relativily fit. If you're on Zwift and planning to get racing, then signing up to the third-party app ZwiftPower (opens in new tab) is an essential step. I completely missed these as I reinvented the wheel, trying to stir up the hornets nest on the Zwift forums the other day. 11 things you only know if you race on Zwift | Cycling Weekly Check out this FAQ for some of our frequently asked questions: Q:&. Weight doping is only a serious issue when its done in competition. The Forerunner 265 series watches have become Garmin's lowest-priced AMOLED display endurance sports-focused watch, coming in at roughly half the price of the Garmin Epix series launched a year ago - but here with full multiband GNSS support on all Forerunner 265 units, while also adding in Training Readiness - a major Garmin endurance sports focused feature. Perhaps if you post a W/kg in excess ofRead more , So thats why I could easily keep up with a 3-3.4wkg group yesterday whilst keeping my wattage at some 2.5-2.7just my 107kgs.the rest were probably featherweight category :) Ive connected my garmin scale with this app https://smartscalesync.com/?utm_source=tr You enter a real race,out in the world, you are ready to finish in the top 20 for your best result of your life,then out of the blue a dirt bike rides past you goes tabletop and crossesRead more . Hes asking for a fair race. But many people (including myself) prefer categorized races because we want to have a chance to actually battle it out for a win. One question I have struggled to answer though which maybe is not a consideration is that on the flat watts is what is required and I also have to push high wkg to stay with groups. This would cover submission and review of a private video showing height and weight which would result in a check mark on ZP showing this rider was height/weight verified. Todd_S (Todd S) March 12, 2015, 3:09am #4 I'm new to the app. I am in the 5 percentile of height and weight at 52 and 130lb with my lowest weight of 118 lbs in my racing career. I said if its not done during a competitive Zwift event, its not a problem. I would include chasing Strava Zwift KOMs as a competitive event (but I could see how what I said could be interpreted otherwise. Everything you need to know about the third-party Zwift results and analysis website. You can record your weight n height n have it verified by experts etc up to five minutes before an event. When I go outdoors I go on a trail bike and bring a backpack full of food and drink for a several hours ride. There's a forum, too, so that users can discuss ongoing race series, find out about upcoming events and have any queries answered and problems solved. I am a long time racer in NorCal and cheating is cheating. Just short of my 68th birthday I still dont see any point in cheating. Then save your ride and log out. Ive lost 2.2kg over a 6 hour ride due to carb loading before, and burning that and hence losing a lot of water weight during the ride. Why can we just all race together and the fastest person wins? And as well as your race results, you can check your distance ridden, total metres climbed, power peaks from one second up to 75 minutes, and more besides. It impacts the Group Rides and as you said the performance statistics individually. I am alleging that weight cheating is endemic in zwift, especially among those who care about winning. I have just accepted that at my height I will always be heavier than the average cyclist. We like this move from Zwift. Privacy Policy, How to Race on Zwift (Setup, Strategy, and More). I have to say I weigh myself most mornings in the buff (just my glasses on so I can see the numbers)! But the vast majority do not. (better than any bike upgrade i could afford) Yes its great to win,but as long as you improve yourself who cares what anyone else does.You will always get cheaters,dodgy equipment and so on so just enjoyRead more . Hide the weight who cares let them upgrade all the way to As where you have strict reporting requirements. Here it is in its entirety: Last week we outlined a number of planned changes to address harassment and further safeguard the health and wellbeing of the Zwift Community. EDIT Found my answer: 250w, Theres a chart about halfway down this page: https://zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=5528. Most of my ZwiftRead more . Someone with my FTP should be CAT B, regardless of weight. I disagree with you on this point. Why you can trust Cyclingnews It is obviously a stupid thing ( weight doping) and why a rider would do this is beyond me but pride and quasi Strava bragging or Zwift Power bragging is a thing. Id say physics does! ZwiftPower - Login Please update your Zwift ID on the connection page to complete registration. Zwift Insider makes a small commission on purchases made from these links, so please shop through them to support our efforts. I think a once-weekly weigh-in is acceptable. I havent even used my road bike outdoors since 2012. Ive done multiple races where my main goal was to keep the watts as low as possible while hanging with the front group. I now know of over 20 category D zwift users that have said theyre not going to bother with the Zwift races anymore. I have a Withings scale and in the Zwift Settings, it shows up as connected. Some people, I think, just have a lower HR. Race them if you want, but Rides like Tour de Zwift are not based on rider category, they are based on distance. Zwift Insider is independent of Zwift corporate (www.zwift.com), although Zwift does provide funding to help defray site costs. As far as my weight goes the only thing I care about is being as accurate as I can to get accurate results. We mentioned categories earlier as one of the ways in which you can search through your results and statistics, but they're also a method by which you get sorted into races. Once you have a number for your FTP in watts, divide it by your weight in kilograms. why because of weight, not power. People still rode at B level pace in a C group. Nailed it. That gives me more hope for the future of the platform than any announcement from Zwift ever could. There is no progression from lower to higher categories through placement. (ignoring that it evens out and you have the advantage on the hills but lets ignore that because its all about you and you should always podium in every race in your life, because mommy told you that you were special and big mean Zwift is making you work so hard on the flats). Honest mistake on my part and one I wont make again, so fair enough to be filtered outRead more , Related (and apologies if the answer is obvious but Ive only done one Zwift race), really what is the point of the categories? I used to live next to the Alpe and later, next to the Ventoux. While the benefits of being light fully kick in while climbing a mountain (as it is easier for smaller guys to achieve certain w/kg), the benefits of being a tall and strong guy dont fully apply in the flats. Kudos to Zwift for listening to their customers and admitting they made a mistake. This is why for a while I was ranked as a C even though my w/kg was higher than 3.2 since my watts werent over 200. What stone have you been living under? That was my first thought when a fellow Zwifter commented on my recent race, Somehow you always get your w/kg down. It certainly didnt feel like I had taken it easy when IRead more .
Stuart Police Department Daily Log Feed, What Do You Like Least About Working With Children, Dupage County Sheriff Civil Process, Lehman Brothers Twins Death, Woman Shot In Pasadena, Articles H