I have shot there several times this year and seen BLM officers drive by and waive. Take steps to make sure trailer chains arent dragging, and stay on roads and trails. Please plan ahead and keep it clean for all visitors. People can be such pigs! What ever happend to going for a drive in the hills and plinking? Now I just need a cheap pig lease. State Office Public RoomBureau of Land Management2800 Cottage Way W1623Sacramento, CA 95825. "There was nobody around me. In the San Bernardino National Forest, visitors can only target shoot in designated and signed areas and only at certain timesdue to fire danger rating. Hodge Road Shooting Area is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun. The map I got from the sheriffs was different. Last weekend I went out to Hodge Road for the first time (a popular BLM land shooting site in Southern California off of the Yea, its still open. Always wear proper hearing protection and safety glasses. Burned up cars, furniture, targets, lots of glass shards, and shot up propane bottles is a sampling of the stuff left behind. I thought something fell from the sky. All Rights Reserved. website belongs to an official government organization in the I see, I did some research before I posted and apparently some just say no, even though it isn't true but I'll give it a shot, thanks. It seemed like it appeared out of nowhere. Those who know us know this is very normal behavior for us! Why cant they just leave us alone?I bet the shooting areas they slected you cant get a target over 100 yards! (909) 382-2682 (Voice) It is your responsibility to know of any hunting restrictions and where they apply. The LInk above is the one that has the number to call. This was the deciding factor for us we dont belong here and need to leave! At least I think that's what more. i drove up there for the first time, i really like it but theres too much trash. Carry plenty of water, at a minimum of 1 gallon per person, per day. I look at it as my way of cleaning up the environment. Burning tires, magnesium, wires, petroleum products or any other hazardous or explosive material is prohibited. It is illegal to bring, dispose of, or possess any glass container, empty or not, within the open area. This is truly a hidden gem for shooting outdoors, this place is awesome open space lots of room to set up and, We pick up our own trash but some fools think it's ok to leave empty boxes of amo and. Shooters are responsible for fires started by recreational activities. That whole area is OHV where bikes and quads can rip up the place but theres no where to shoot or hunt jacks with at .22. Me and a friend found out the hard way when 4 SBCS squad cars rolled up on us.We did not get a ticket or a fine we were told not to shoot there anymore. PM "SB71".he was there shooting today but claimed the CHP plane kept flying in circles watching him. ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Ready To Shoot3. I mentioned we should go out to clean up and I got laughed at. Not all public land parcels have public access. Shotguns. Plan your route in advance. The Bureau of Land Management provides opportunities to hunt, fish and engage in shooting sports activities in a safe and environmentally sound manner that promote marksmanship, public safety, hunter education, competition and lawful hunting. Corona man Reid Stadelman is counting his blessings five days after he was shot with a .308 bullet. San Bernardino, CA 92408 Please bring trash bags with you and clean up your area. The BLM is a multi-use agency. Have several spots that I go to and heres not a single piece of trash at any of them. Hodge road is a no no. It is unlawful for a person to intentionally discharge a firearm or release an arrow or crossbow bolt over or across a public road or other established way open to the public in an unsafe and reckless manner. According to BLM and Sherrifs Dept dut to it is all privatley owned. Gun owners said the area, just off the Hodge Road exit, had been open for years as an informal, public shooting range. These pictures were taken farther in than most people travel. The lady there will fax you a map for the shotgun areas. A known spot to locals, it can be crowded in the weekends. I have shot there a bunch and couldn't believe they put that tower there and still allowed shooting. i heard a few years ago they had reopened but with restrictions or something like that. Went here today around 7:30am. Look at this Indexand this Deer Hunting Zones Map. Highways into the San Bernardino Mountains are closed to drivers, CA's snowfall so far rivals state's record-setting season: Officials, Lesion removed from President Biden's chest was cancerous: doctor. BLM website says it doesnt have any designated shooting sites. 4.7K views 4 years ago Searching for the best place to shoot in the Los Angeles area, we turn to desert shooting at Hodge Road. Let others know your plans. Public Lands in California offer a wide variety of recreational opportunities, including hunting, fishing and recreational target shooting. Just find your spot and set up This is where I go also. Do not touch petroglyphs or remove artifacts. It was even worse closer to the interstate. 210yd outdoor range with plenty of shade. San Diego County:shooting is restrictedin any developed recreational area; within 150 yards ofany occupied residence or associated outbuildings; within 500 yards of any properly signed,established stock watering hole or place. Lets keep it that way. Dozens of signs scattered around the Hodge Road site greeted Dan Harley, a recreational shooter from Apple Valley, when he ventured there last month to do some shooting. DEEP MINE SHAFTS EXIST IN THE RIDING AREA! Public lands in California are open to fishing under California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fishing Regulations. I'm calling out everyone who goes out there to PLEASE clean up a little extra with your own trash. Its going to be hot as balls out there in late August! People on the other side of them kept on shooting. California is phasing-inAssembly Bill 711 that byJuly 1, 2019,requiresnonlead ammunition to be used when taking any wildlife with a firearm anywhere in the state. This area is permitted for competitive racing events. Know your target and what is beyondNote: Remember to bring eye and ear protection. (about 10-20 minutes past Victorville) Turn left and go back over freeway. It would be a different story," he said. You can't miss where they do dirt bike stuff. If you call the apple valley sherrifs station and hit o. I had a gunshop owner tell me it was illegal to shoot there but I went there anyways. JavaScript is disabled. "I said, 'Well there was nobody there, my shoulder really hurts, and a police officer happened to be there. They publish hunting regulations that listall the season dates. Be prepared to avoid getting lost, dehydrated, or injured. We already get a lot of calls asking where we're located, what exit and . Best. Courtesy of Tuna Quesadillia in another thread. There are designated spots near Calico. What days are Hodge Road Shooting Area open? I'm planning a trip down to hodge road (I know its going to be hot) in the next few coming weeks and I was trying to find some map or resource online to see if it is still open or if it is closed to due some fire restriction. Yep, still open but let me tell you its really dirty there. The further you drive down Hodge the more open space you can find More. By checking your equipment, you decrease risk of injury to yourself and others and to avoid accidentally starting a wildfire on public lands. She said, 'How do you not know you got shot,'" recalled Stadelman. Expect wild, rugged conditions and extreme temperatures. north of the 58 off meadow drive rd. Barstow Field Office Get of at Hodge Rd. State and local laws apply. with the stoddard wells map. 14 million acres available for hunting and recreational shooting 350 miles of river available for fishing Will post when I recieve it. The triangular-shaped riding area is formed by Interstate 15 and California Highway 247 (Barstow Road), immediately south of Barstow. We would NOT recommend this location. The lady there will fax you a map for the shotgun areas. I'm planning a trip down to hodge road (I know its going to be hot) in the next few coming weeks and I was trying to find some map or resource online to see if it is still open or if it is closed to due some fire restriction. I have seen the BLM lawmen out there a few times, they were good guys when I had to interact with them. Gun owners said the area, just off the Hodge Road exit, had been open for years as an informal, public shooting range. Thank you in advance, Pat. Why are you OC guys driving so far? I was out there two weekends ago. Secure .gov websites use HTTPS Hi Ozzie, thanks for the info. Click here for information regarding current California fire and target shooting restrictions. You must log in or register to reply here. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED! The BLM Surface Management Status maps and DAGmaps do not show specific areas for hunting or target shooting. It is about 1.5 to 2 hrs away. Shooting is strictly prohibited in developed recreation sites and other areas where posted. ) or https:// means youve safely connected to the .gov website. Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories. Wondering if anyone knows if Hodge Rd, outdoor shooting range is still open to the public? Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. If you travel further in its really nice. OHVs owned by California residents must be registered with the California DMV and display a valid Green Sticker or Red Sticker.. Check on specific hunting season dates and permit requirements with theCalifornia Department of Fish and Wildlife. Mon: . PL #2 - Hodge Rd Outdoor Shooting Area. Draining holding tanks and littering is prohibited. Tell someone where you are going and when you plan on returning. You are going to have to drive a little more north on the I15 to find a spot to shoot. We originally thought BLM but now think it might be the county of San Bernardino. This one is the Hodge Road Outdoor Shooting Area near Barstow, California. Remember, it is YOUR responsibility to know the laws and regulations - all federal, state, and county regulations apply to public lands. Share sensitive information only You have to drive further in. An official website of the United States government. Not anymore. A gunman responsible for multiple shootings while traveling around the city and filming it on Facebook Live has been caught, police said. Carrying passengers is prohibited on ATVs; rememberSafety First, Every Ride, Every Time. Claim this business Website. Enjoy your stay! Have fun! An official website of the United States government. Monument lands within the monument boundary, Dos Palmas Preserve lands within the developed recreational area boundary, Big Morongo Canyon Preserve lands within the developed recreational area boundary, McCain Valley lands north of Boulevard, covering the large recreational area, Table Mountain lands north of Old 80, east of Jacumba, covering old shooting sites, Airport Mesa lands south of Old 80, east of Jacumba, covering the old shooting area, Otay Mountain lands within 300 feet of the Otay Mountain Truck Trail & structures. Riverside County:shooting is restrictedin any developed recreational area; within 300 yards ofany building, house, dwelling place, corral, feed yard, park, public campground, state riding andhiking trail, or public road; within 1 mile of any incorporated city; between 12 hour after sunset to12 hour before sunrise. We had no problems at all. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. 602 S. Tippecanoe Ave. Once browsing, make sure to check the boxes labeled "Bureau of Land Management Lands" and "Land Status" as shown in the figure below. ALWAYS Keep The firearm Pointed In A Safe Direction2. Maps do not display specific hunting and shooting sites. Im hosting a cleanup next Saturday if anybody would like to join us. When target shooting, always use appropriate targets and backstops. United States. Good news, you got out alive!! In addition, wear hunter orange when required. I would sure like to know who American Wildlife Services are, but I'm to lazy to do the research. An official website of the Share. Winter temperatures may drop below freezing, and desert winds are frequent and strong. Practice Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly principles. From what i can see its mostly big targets and lots of shotgun shells everywhere. All persons, regardless of age, who operate an ATV on Public Lands must wear an approved safety helmet. We used all of the water we had with us to douse it. People are pigs who dont care. Just to make sure everyone knows.There is no shooting of or near hodge at all. That is the map I have been going off of. All the irresponsible assholes shoot at the first hill. Dude i have gone there a few times with friends. The area has trails for every level from expert riders to beginners. Guess I will stick to shotgun there. I will miss the range I went to for years in Rosamond. "If it was a couple inches higher or a couple inches to the left or right. This has always been a unique event for us as we schedule it during the summer in an attempt to "spread out" our events. That would be nice, but seeing as I drive a sport compact that is out of the picture unless I get a rental or something. Christanne C. 10/02/21. I ordered a Newberry map. If you call the apple valley sherrifs station and hit o. Press J to jump to the feed. We ventured to our second Public Land recently. Anyways as for Hodge she told me that it is all privatly owned. Dedicated to Off road and recreational firearm enthusiasts. Hodge Road Shooting Area 80 reviews Unclaimed Gun/Rifle Ranges Open Open 24 hours See hours See all 119 photos Write a review Add photo Save safe and follow all the basic smart shooter rules like shoot at a backdrop that will stop any bullets especially rifle rounds. Read the signs - they say something like 1000 feet from the tower and a half mile from the road, I think. I'll prob take a day off and go during a Monday or Thursday or Friday so it isn't too crowded (I don't have a 4x4, or even a crossover). it will show where it is ok to shoot rifle pistol and shotgun. Tell others where you are going ahead of time. The experiences are as varied as the landscapes. Dozens of signs scattered around the Hodge Road site greeted Dan Harley, a recreational shooter from Apple Valley, when he ventured there last month to do some shooting. Crappy Weather/ Days off just not lining up for Coyotes. It is illegal to possess and/or discharge fireworks. More. I smoke cigarettes, but I DO NOT throw my butts on the ground and I always clean up after myself. Oh Barb! Also east of the 247 near Daggett Ridge.Its north east of the stoddard Valley Off Highway area,. Hey guys, I've been pulling my hair out on trying to find if Hoge road off the 15 fwy is legal, Location: Formerly: Redondo Beach Currently: Sedona AZ. Hodge Road Shooting Area. Summer temperatures range from 100-120 degrees Fahrenheit. He opened up my shirt and said that is a gunshot you need to get in right away.". Go past the signs. Official websites use .gov Target Shooting areas may be closed completely due to fire restrictions, road conditions, and/or other safety issues. Be on the lookout for other people and potential risks. Hours. When there are tons of shotgun shells littering the BLM shooting sites it really takes away from the fun of visiting said sites, it's obvious that too many people just don't care, they act like it's there own back yard to do as they please with total disregard for the next guy/gal. A lock ( Also BLM area versus private property. CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Corona man Reid Stadelman is counting his blessings five days after he was shot with a .308 bullet. As we approached, one of the men waved us through while a kid about 10 was holding a rifle. Important - Shooters must call ahead to the Activity/PAL Level number 1-909-382-2997 (pre-recorded message) to find out the status of this shooting area for that day. The Desert Dispatch is a daily newspaper serving the communities of Barstow, Dagget, Fort Irwin, Hinkley, Lenwood, Newberry Springs and Yermo. 10/2/2021 Christanne C. Went here today around 7:30am. If you do get off at Hodge road do as MJather said and go a few miles in well past the other shooters. Bureau of Land Management Hodge Road is a unique place. I suggested going there at the crack of dawn before it gets to hot or wait until the winter months. Haven't shot since March and feeling the itch. Anyways she said Rifle pistol and shot gun are ok north of the 58 and 40. Photos. If you have questions on areas that may be appropriate for hunting, you are encouraged to contact theBLM Field Office having jurisdiction over the area. I have gone in a friend's truck and it is nice. The BLM allows the use of firearms on public lands as provided for inCalifornia state law. She was very nice too. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. Come prepared! According to the old "shotguns only" map it appears that if you go a significant distance from the interstate behind the hill (high clearance required) you would be in a legal area for rifle shooting. On Sunday, the 37-year-old Corona man was out dirt bike riding with his daughter off Hodge Road just outside of Barstow. Predator Hunting (Coyote, Bobcat, Fox, Wolf, Cougar, etc. I drive 2 hours to shoot at Hodge Rd, but I have driven as far as Arizona to shoot at their ranges. Please help preserve our heritage. Forest Headquarters Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories. Im not sure which agency has control over this area. Stadelman said he came forward with his story to caution dirt bike riders and shooting range visitors to be aware of each other. I dont see what the deal is, there is plenty of places to have a back stop. This one is the Hodge Road Outdoor Shooting Area near Barstow, California. Crossing private lands to access public land is not permitted, unless you obtain and carry written, date-specific permission from the private landowner. Hodge Road. Whew! Out-of-state OHV users must comply with all California rules and regulations, which are available at. That would be a long trip! Please check the map on-site to make sure you stay in the riding area. You should also ensure that he or she is permitted by the BLM to conduct business on public lands. TheBLM sells Surface Management Status maps (in the desert regions these maps are also called Desert Access Guides)that can be helpful in locating public lands. safe and follow all the basic smart shooter rules like shoot at a backdrop that will stop any bullets especially rifle rounds. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . So I moved from Glendale to Victorville, I had to find another BLM shooting range. north of the 58, east of 247, north of gas lin rd, you are G2G, stop in at slash X if you will be going the 247 area the will point you in the right area. The 150-yard area is a safety zone.. He said the two had wrapped up around noon and were getting ready to head home when it happened. Listen for Area 665: 1 & 2: Shooting all day. It was a very spur of the moment outing a discussion that there was an outdoor shooting area near Barstow at breakfast with friends, deciding we had nothing else to do, gathering all our stuff, and driving out. Practice proper rifle and archery safety. I would sure like to know who American Wildlife Services are, but I'm to lazy to do the research. It was an extremely stressful 1/2 hour or so with so many emotions. Target Shooting areas may be closed completely due to fire restrictions, road conditions, and/or other safety issues. Persons on an ATV under 14 years of age must be supervised by a parent/guardian. BLM Surface Management Mapsshow land ownershipand includepublic and private land, roads, and more. Open your browser to Publiclands.org and select the state you live in or wish to shoot. Vehicles are prohibited in all wilderness areas. It's amazing how many times I have heard this same thing from various people and for various location. Although I dont believe in it, trash, spent casings and left targets are going to continue until the BLM shuts this place down. I got my map from Blm and its huge. Verify to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! "I was maybe 2 feet behind my trailer ready to open the doors and then my shoulder starting hurting. There were a lot of people and cars . You may have to hike from your vehicle to a suitable and safe shooting location; be prepared to hike safely with your firearms and equipment. Change). Step 1: Search Surrounding Areas with Publiclands.org or onXmaps. PLEASE AVOID THESE AREAS AND STAY AWAY FROM MINE SHAFTS! Pictures: The hillside had a TON OF WASTE! Use your BLM maps to locate and evaluatepotential BLM areas for their suitability as shootinglocations, keeping in mind safety requirements for beingfar enough away from campgrounds, developedrecreation sites, man-made structures such ashomes, barns, out buildings, or any other inhabitedareas. Stoddard Valley OHV Area Phone: 760-252-6000 Email: BLM_CA_Web_BA@blm.gov Address: Bureau of Land Management Barstow Field Office Barstow, CA 92311 Latitude/Longitude: Before leaving, make sure to touch base with someone and let them know where you will be, when you will be back and develop an emergency plan just in case. Official websites use .gov A .gov Make sure your equipment is in proper working condition. The area is hot and arid. It was a dump out there. Home . It is illegal to operate an OHV under the influence of alcohol or drugs. (This is sarcasm.). California Condor Range: Since July 1, 2008, theuse of projectiles containing lead when hunting big game and nongame species in an area designated as the California condor range have been prohibited bythe California Fish and Game Commission. Collaborative Action and Dispute Resolution, https://www.blm.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2023-02/WEMO_Stoddard_Valley_508.pdf. kenny hinson obituary, where can i get a vin inspection in colorado,
David Mcintyre Michigan, Don Cornelius And Gladys Knight Relationship, Articles I