Kansas Jayhawks One word: smug. However, trust me when I say if you take out the special team blunders, turnovers, penalties and scheme there's a great team in Lincoln. The Scarlet Knights may be the flagship university in a state that is literally known best for its rude and crazy drivers, but that doesn't excuse them from this list. Michigan fans who didnt actually go to Michigan have earned the rather hilarious nickname Walmart Wolverines. Its difficult for me to really muster up hate for people who pair jorts and Michigan gear so well, so in lieu of actually explaining why people do hate said WWs, here are some pictures from the nicknames official Tumblr: Pete Carroll. "The final four is HERE. You might have noticed the hoards of loyal Los Angeles Rams fans who waited patiently while the team won a championship in St. Louis, then packed the Coliseum and turned it into one of the most raucous oh, right. There are so many possibilities. And since theyve got that nifty metal overhang, you're never gonna get the edge. When you suffer for years through game-day temps in the '90s and Vinny Testaverde QB ratings in the '70s, it breeds loyalty. The only thing they have consistently done is lose to Ohio State. You poor bastards almost won a championship your first season after moving from Houston. All content herein is intended for audiences 21 years and older. When they werent sure if the Big Ten would play, they wanted to put an asterisk on the CFP this year. The Hoosiers have a beautiful, yet small, home stadium, and when IU is good, it fills out quite nicely. The MOST Annoying College Football Fans 1,191 views May 23, 2022 61 Dislike Share Save Crain & Company 12.4K subscribers We rank the most annoying college football fan bases and it gets. For years, WVU fans have been considered some of the worst in the nation. Nick Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time. According to a 2009 poll done by Sports Illustrated, UCF fans are apparently the rudest in Conference USA. All bias aside, you have to tip your cap at anyone who's won 133 straight conference titles. And some of those fans the of-age ones, of course havent even been exposed to legal sports betting just yet. Sure! Most Obnoxious College Basketball Fans, Ranked - Thrillist According to Rovell, the fanbases most often mentioned were Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio. Rich von Biberstein/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images. Spurrier was notorious for running up the scorethe 1995 Georiga game still holds a certain mythic quality in the SEC for poor sportsmanshipand even though he has found admiring fans during his semi-retirement at South Carolina, he was utterly loathed in the 1990s. UT has attended two national Championships since 2005, winning one over USC and losing the other to Alabama. Or who knows, maybe Adderall! One of the biggest arguments that happen constantly over many fan bases is which team is the most hated? Their last national title was in 1939 (! For me as a football player, even seeing an opposing teammate fall down injured was horrible, especially if it looked bad. Well admit its a little funny when Spartans fans call their rivals the Walmart Wolverines. And of course, theyve been known. To be fair, having to watch games at Veterans Stadium would've hardened even the nicest of people -- there's a reason that place had a courtroom and jail cell on the bottom level. Texas is the largest university in a state that lives and dies on football. Absolutely! 2 Legit 2 Quit. Now, I'm not saying that all Buckeye fans are crass and vulgar, but this video some Michigan fans posted back in 2002 pretty much says it all. Are you aware that you come off as a massive douchebag when you make a big deal about a fucking article? Point is, football is supposed to be fun, and you lovable, thick-torsoed goons know how to have it. If all of those other schools are always winning championships, why aren't we? Posted by panhandlebama on 11/23/21 at 10:30 am. "It's the best time I've had since Week 1 . 1 as the most arrogant in the NCAA, just ahead of the Big Ten. 2 most arrogant behind the Crimson Tide, which may come as little surprise to those who see the Fighting Irish believing their team is the be-all, end-all in college football. And, above all else, there is the constant winning over the last 30 yearsan easy way to get hated. Look: The 4 Most "Annoying" Fan Bases In College Football And were not just picking on fan bases from other states, either. Theres your fanbase. My biggest beef, though, is grammar related. As passionate as these fans are about their football, some things are taking it too far, and chanting obscenities and yelling in other fans faces is a bit over the line. Back to top. Let's take a look at the candidates: Blue Bloods Region College basketball royalty. Never mind that those certificates are about as valuable as that share of a gold mine you got on a family trip to South Dakota. Those losses hurt, and I volunteered to have marshmallows thrown at me because we deserved it. And, yes, youre the only fanbase in South Florida thats not one losing season away from complete apathy, but most of your old-school fans are middle-aged guys who moved up to Lighthouse Point and Jupiter sometime in the 1990s -- and they're not so obnoxious. All that being said The unofficial motto, Win or lose, we still booze, is fantastic. A&M Fans = "Most Ignorant and Clueless" award. They have been seen attacking other fans, throwing glass beer bottles and doing anything that makes them feel better about losing. To pick the 10 Most Hateable Fan Bases in College Football, I trolled through numerous message boards. To those that didnt make it, try again next year. Spurrier was notorious for running up the scorethe 1995 Georiga game still holds a certain mythic quality in the SEC for poor sportsmanshipand even though he has found admiring fans during his semi-retirement at South Carolina, he was utterly loathed in the 1990s. About time. No one is pretending the Hoosiers are relevant, though. When Alabama's at the top of the college football world as it has been lately, Tide fans are more content than they are impressed. But until Reid can prove he's not Marty Schottenheimer 2.0, you shouldn't get tooexcited. Worst College Football Fans In The Universe (record, teams, NCAA And if that isn't rude, I don't know what is. I don't see Colorado fans as much since we both moved conferences, but I have a soft spot for Ralphie and Boulder is fun when you're not at Folsom Field. Anything can happen. The Most Annoying Fans | Eleven Warriors There was even a recent Sprint commercial that poked fun at couch-burning riots. Ranking The 5 Most Annoying SEC Football Fans - BeerLife Rounding out the top five is Michigan State. Have you won one of those with a quarterback whose financing for his new Benz was, shall we say, murky? College football's most bizarre traditions | CNN While Bulldog. Now everyone from Chelsea to Cochituate to Chatham claims that theyve been die-hards forever, that they were huge fans during the Grogan and Tony Eason eras, that they know who Dick MacPherson is, and remember when fans used to hold up signs saying Missing with Sisson for kicker Scott Sisson. Buckeyes have a tendency to yell at other fans (and flip a car or two), which is probably why fans ranked them high on our list. You did it. You Bears fans like to fancy yourselves as one of Americas proudest sporting traditions, but the cold reality is that outside of one glorious lightning-in-a-bottle year in 1985 that you still cling to with adorable desperateness, you're the major-market Browns. Maybe they do it because, despite their rich traditions, they're history on the field isn't as great as you would think. So many questions! And from August to January in America, plenty of people are more likely judge you based on what jersey you wear on Sundays than they are to judge you based on your job, home state, underwear preference, and so on. And apparently the hatred for all things Duke goes beyond the basketball court, as Blue Devils football fans wound up third on the most arrogant list. College football has the most passionate fans and the most exciting regular season of any sport. So basically, in half a generation, you'll be the same as Heat fans, and move up a solid eight spots on this list, regardless of whether you ever win another playoff game. The Buffaloes up in Boulder may have left the Big 12, but their fanbase hasn't gotten any nicer. We may be viewed as the most obnoxious fans but we are some of the most loyal and fanatical fans. However, that is not what makes them rude. However, Texas Tech is certainly the rudest. Since the inception of the conference, they have won the conference title more than anyone else by a wide margin. How would you rank the most "annoying" fan bases in all of college football. They will do it at every turn. Ranking the Top 25 fan bases in college football - Saturday Down South And a good rule of thumb: The better the team, the more unpleasant the fans. The Barstool Sports podcast, Unnecessary Roughness, ranked the 10 most "annoying" fan bases in. (6-foot-3, 205 pounds), and also annoying to play . Obviously, after Hurricane Katrina,everybodyin America fell in love with the Saints. Essentially, you put purple makeup on a pig that grew up in Cleveland and renamed it after a poem. Additionally, after being crushed in games, CU fans would dance in the stadium, still jeering on against opponents who had already destroyed their team. So here's ours fire away. The Top 10 Most Annoying College Football Fight Songs Because while some fanbases are pretty unobjectionable -- and, therefore, people you could actually see yourself being friends with -- others you make a point to avoid from Saturday night until Monday morning. Okay, here we go: Its important to kick things off with a school from the SEC, which easily could have taken 6 or 7 of the 10 spots on this list, if I didnt want to anger 90% of the people below the Mason-Dixon line. Many different factors went into my decision such as fanbase, coaches, marketing, etc. As for Tebow Could you at least have saved the permanent plaques until after he graduated? The Phoenix New Times has named "Tribute to Troy" one of the "top 10 most annoying college football fight songs," while a columnist with The Seattle Times once referred to it as "almost as annoying as Nancy Grace ". You really thought [Charlie Frye, Brady Quinn, Seneca Wallace, Trent Dilfer, Tim Couch, Jake Delhomme, Brian Hoyer, Colt McCoy, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey] were legitimate starting quarterbacks? You couldn't say a bad thing about 'em, even in Atlanta! Photo: Isaiah Hole. Duke fans deservedly get the most venom of any college hoops fan base, but North Carolina isn't exactly filled with humble, "aw shucks" types. The way this broke down was through a series of head to head matchups, and the final four were all in one poll. That kind of passion is beyond belief. NCAA: The Top 25 Most Annoying Colleges in America I have compiled a list of the 25 most annoying colleges in the nation today. We also ranked the top five most arrogant fan bases in the NCAA. Gary Danielson getting called out for CBS - Saturday Down South The misery that was the 2012 national championship game. I can find almost no other fans that are as rude and disrespectful as Gator fans. College football is full of weird traditions and dual mascots, but no tradition is more celebrated than a good, old-fashioned chant. The gospel according to Touchdown Jesus clearly states a blowout loss to Alabama in January is a holy tradition. Top 15 most intolerable fan bases in college football. Say what you will about the lack of a playoff, but with only two teams out of 120 getting a shot at . Basically, this is what happened to a small school from Idaho. The content on this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only. Ah, Green Bay. In one fell swoop, the best coach SF has had since Bill Walsh was forced out, everyone on defense retired or moved teams, Kaepernick got Kaepernick-ed out of the league, and --oh, yeah --the team moved to SANTA CLARA, which is about as close to San Francisco as Sacramento. Most Annoying College Football Fans Latest Posts Forums Recent Activity Home Forums 19th Hole Sports Talk Prev 4 of 7 Next MrBlast Well-known member Joined Feb 19, 2021 Messages 1,454 Reaction score 1,282 Location Eastern Iowa Aug 8, 2022 #76 MattyD-MPLS said: Iowa fans holds a special place of not achieving anything and being so proud of it. I read innumerable Bleacher Report articles, which all, strangely, ended up contradicting each other. They still totally support Sandusky and will defend him to the grave. The Sooners have won the conference every year since 2015. Are ESPN analysts openly rooting for you to not make a championship game again? Penn State Football College Football's 6 Most "Annoying" Fan Bases. They have the money, the facilities and top recruiting classes so what is the hold up? For me, that's taking it a bit too far. 5 Most Annoying Fan Bases In College Football - chatsports.com Mostly due to their TV deal with NBC to have every game on national television.
Sportsbet Annual Report 2020, Norfolk County Council Pay Scales 2020 2021, Class Of 2027 Basketball Rankings Illinois, Who Is Selmar At Chateau Lalande, Vice President Goldman Sachs Salary New York, Articles M