)>, >I've watched many DIY shows and this has never come up so I am totally>stumped!>>Thanks for any advice.>>Joan>. AboutPalco Don't need your tower? For the tower itself, it's on a pivot base. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. No climbing required then. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. The roof ridge acted as a fulcrum for the falling ladder,almost catapulting TR off the roof. It's probably 50 feet, Springfield Township. You are using an out of date browser. > If the antenna is tall or on any sort of tower and there's lines at > allclose, be super cuatious. WebIn order to remove the antenna, first remove any of the smaller arrays that you can detach. Thanks for the help! Safe or not safe to climb. We welcome your comments and VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Disposing of the rest of the stuff is a bit more difficult (though the scrap dealer might take the whole mess evenup). > Question: Can I go up on the roof and remove it or does it need to be> professionally removed. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Even with a gin pole, you need an approved safety harness and, old, probably rusted bolts can be a bear to break loose and drive out. View our Privacy Policy here. Add to Cart. (i.e. Any ideas what type of contractor or company might be able to do this in the Massachusetts area? Equipment for all sizes of installations, including extended-reach crains, bucket trucks, and footing equipment. antenna towers residential. * Commercial & Residential antenna removal services var framed = 'no'; If you are lucky thereis a bolt between the roof mounting bracket and the leg and you can simplyremove this. There were guy wires to thetop of each section. See All Items In This Department; Apparel, Collectibles & Merchandise. I'm in Mass and tower certified, send me a PM. WebBenefits of Tower Removal Improves the appearance and value of your home by removing your TV tower and antenna Eliminates the risk of injury or property damage caused by Web24' FEET ANTENNA TOWER MAST POLES 4' ALUMINUM SECTIONS 6 POLES. It's time to Cut The Cable with FREE HDTV. Just because you've got clear skyoverhead doesn't necessarily mean there's no danger. How toOrder Contact Us, http://www.dishdisposal.com/tall-antenna-towers/. Just: cut the wires going to it and leave them. Too bad you don't have it on film.-- -------------Dave Clark Opinions expressed are my own. $975 delivery Mar 9 - 15. WebROHN 55SS050 55G Series 50' Self Supporting Tower Kit, No Ice. (i.e. Hemera Technologies/AbleStock.com/Getty Images. We were experiencing interference between our cordless phones (Panasonic KXTG2000B -- 2.4GHz -- and our wifi network. Please note you may be matched to one of our trusted partners such as CraftJack, Angi or Networx. I know that they recommend re-positioning the radio but that's not possible. Put half a section in a yard of cement and go up from there. What ab5r is trying to say is put an ad on craig's list saying take it down and it is yours and you will have a plethora of volunteers. ;). WebFind Tv Antenna Tower in Buy & Sell | Buy and sell new and used items near you in Ontario. )Lastly, if there are guy wires (bracing wires) attached to the roof, you mightwant some roofing sealer to make sure you don't get any leaks. WebEast Texas Towers Skip to content Website Under Maintenance Our website is currently undergoing maintenance and will be back online soon. Al's Satellite & Antenna. Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so." Tom King published his first paid story in 1976. WebSomeone may pay "$100 + you haul it" for a radio tower to put up on their property. We remove and recycle all manner of satellite dish receivers and antennas from residential and commercial properties. No power lines or trees in the way. Like a pickup that would not move when the weight wants to get enough for the tower to want to slam down(45) or so. If you separated the tripod from mounting brackets on the roof, youmay prefer to simply leave the brackets rather than risk damaging the shingles by removing them. Electrocute yourself on nearby power lines. Your best bet is to get a saw and a friend to help you cut it down. We did one that size when we moved a TV dealership in the 70's to a new building. Are you sure it is a TV antenna and not a HAM radio Antenna? I have an old 30' free standing tv antenna tower I want to remove. All stations now broadcast digital high definition HD signals and many transmit multiple channels. Locally owned and operated for over 40 years. After you attach the base of the come-alongs to your hardpoint, attach the movable hook end to the rope or cable at the top of the tower. 5430 Fishburg Rd. Couldn't watch them without the antenna, however. Make sure everyone's insurance (health/home/life) is up to date before attempting this one. Details; Mining Antennas (0) Train Antennas (0) Mounting Kits (0) Antenna Accessories (0) Series Counter Drone (0) Pop-Up Mast (0) Tripod (0) WL Can you run a long rope over the roof and anchor on the other side of the house? '); Our I was nervous to climb so I just got a cheap knockoff Bowtie and have acceptable reception at 12ft. All Rights Reserved. I concur with everyone else's warnings about power lines. var invisible = ''; You shouldn't need to notify anyone, just take the normal precautionsfor working on heights. Many of those pivot/tilt base towers are designed to be easily raised & lowered. Also, if the antenna hasbeen up there for a while, the fittings are probably rusted. Cancelled basic cable and want to mount antenna to get local free TV. Some towers like that had the ability to hinge at the base by removing one bolt and lowering it with a cable through a pulley on the side of the building to handle the weight. WebAmerican Towers Special Series 20ft Bracketed Flat Base Residential Antenna Tower (AME20RFTOW) Your Price: $641.95 . So could I just cut off the bolt holding it upright and let it free fall with the pivot? Close to the city? Is the roof in good condition, so that you won't fall through or cause serious damage to it? You can rent them at a local equipment rental place. Don't ask me why but the house I just bought still has a TV antenna onthe roof. One other thing.keep a *very* close eye out for any nearby power lines. The pictures here describe If you are working with a short come-along with a cable that isn't long enough to get the tower all the way down in one pass, you'll need to obtain some heavy boards to brace the tower up while you reset the come-alongs about halfway down. We can remove it. Details; GN18S . $144.00. Be sure to use a safety belt if you climb the tower. I wasn't there when it was installed next to my house so I don't know how it went up. WebROHN Self-supporting G-Series towers offer an easy, low-cost solution to get light weight self supporting antenna towers in the air quickly. How we watch television is changing, and it's easier now than ever before to use a television antenna. Texas Tower Removal 888.900.5933. Don't know if it's been compromised but I'll probably swap it out to be safe. power supply, notify town, etc.). The distance from the anchored base of the tower, whether on the top of another building or at grade, to the highest point of the structure, even if the highest point is the top of an antenna. document.write(qry+'" border="0" alt="'+al+'"/><\/a>'); WebClearview Antenna Service Antennas-Television-Community Systems (330) 238-6203 2237 Watson Ave Alliance, OH 44601 CLOSED NOW 6. I'm assuming people bring down the antenna (with or without the mast) and work on it on the ground, change balun, connect the coax, install the amp, etc? Home When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Please fill out the form here, and tell us about your antenna removal job and we will get back to you right away connect you with a top local company. Theantenna was totaled, however, and Dad's friend had to make do with adifferent solution. $47.21. (4) Height, Antenna Tower. WebPrice when purchased online. A pulley up top allows you to lift the What is the widest angle between transmitters my stone-aged TV antenna is liable Hi Everyone. CLAIMED TV TOWERS. Licensed, insured. Bring a good setof wrenches/pliers, some WD40 or similar lubricant, and perhaps a hacksaw. The base unit makes a nice phone for my basement workshop/office. Im moving into a house that has a large ham radio antenna with a tower that is bolted on to the side of the house. 2nd; as noted above, the pole has First the projected area of the antenna that you intend to mount (this figure is often located in the A dish antenna one meter or less in diameter (or any size dish if located in Alaska) that is designed to receive direct broadcast satellite service, including direct-to //-->. WebRohn towers are capable of enduring the pressure of hurricane force winds, making them particularly valuable in areas subject to erratic and extreme weather conditions. Bill's Antenna Service Any ideas? Webtransformers: power of the primes swoop; mountaingate country club celebrity members; portmore st catherine jamaica; death note boyfriend scenarios when you cuddle In turn, the top of theladder sheared off the flimsy antenna, freeing the top 4' of ladder from anysupport whatsoever. No lines in the way. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIYs, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Electrical, AC & DC. Looks too heavy to ease it down by removing the rear bolt from the 3-post base. suggestions. No more equipment rental fees. Verizons 5G Ultra Wideband network utilizes small cells, or nodes, in addition to traditional towers. Please email to this post or call/text to . WebAmateur radio towers and accessories, aluminum tubing, coax & cable, wifi towers and more. If you anchor to your pickup truck, be sure you have all the keys. Press J to jump to the feed. Are these antennas expensive, should I be trying to sell it? Rent one of the Hi-highs, the machine with the bucket you operate yourself like phone companies use. I'm assuming people bring down the antenna (with or without the mast) and work on it on the ground. If it is a Ham radio antenna, contact the local HAM Club and tell them there is a free tower for the taking and they remove it. JavaScript is disabled. Begin to let out the come-alongs and the tower will begin to lean. * Get help with antenna removal, including all types of repairs and installations I had taken the precaution of tying thetwo pieces together with a rope but that did not make it easy to get thetop part down without hurting the roof or myself. Are there any power lines nearby? Enjoy Over-the-Air TV for Free. Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, Erie, Wood, Seneca, Hancock, Huron, Wyandot. Rohn 25SS030 25G Self Support Complete Tower, 30' is a self supporting Rohn G-series tower. Attach two ropes or cables to the top of the antenna tower. Either have two people work the come-alongs simultaneously or let out the come-alongs two or three cranks at a time so they come down slowly and evenly. King holds a Bachelor of Arts in communications from Southwestern Adventist College. (i.e. Contact Jon P. Zaimes AA1K: aa1k@ARRL.net (Photo courtesy W2LL) Yes, we do tower work all winter long. Most of them aren't professionally installed. It may not display this or other websites correctly. WebCA$79.99. Consent to content doesn't require you to purchase service. If you can not measure it, you can not improve it. Tripods are a low-cost alternative. Dave_@nospam.dg!.com remove nospam and ! Tower Section: 4 Place each 10 ft. tower section on the ground, end to end, in the correct order of assembly tapering away out from a thunderstorm. Authorized Rohn dealer. All rights reserved We've listed the top ten (based on number of businesses) above. So we invested in a new DECT 6.0 system and all seems well. Tower Installation We install Rohn 25G towers. document.write(''); function sE(){return true;}window.onError=sE;var base=document; WebWe offer two, three, and four section towers, comprised of telescoping sections, rising to 30 100 feet. to this site, and use it for non-commercial use subject to our terms of use. A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Now THIS sounds like a r/holdmybeer post. (i.e. WebOn 24 January 2009, I took down my 48-foot antenna tower (about 70 feet to the top of the vertical antenna) in preparation for a move to a new home. 4 Easy Steps! Custom Cables Built, Tested and Shipped FAST! While as a ham myself, free towers are always a plus, you need to be concerned with liability too. What if someone shows up to take it down who is totally unqualified to do so and hurts themself or damages your new house? Whether you are looking for a new bicycle or a used couch, Kijiji has what you're looking for. ;). By using the G-Series tower as a self-supporting tower, you minimize land area usage. Can we expect a follow up video beginning with "here, hold my beer?". Yeah, we're still not on cable. But you need today's high power antennas to be able to pull that signal into your home. Sponsored. Features include high-strength legs, round steel bracing & more. When it hit bottom, the upper bolt sheared off from the impact,bringing the darn antenna and rotor down onto the top of the ladder and me.The words said by me, even as a teenager, have forever compromised my hopeof achieving heaven. Exactly, that is my concern, but struggling to find a company online in the Boston suburbs that seem to remove large antennas. if(framed=='yes'){base=top.document;}var rn=Math.random(); You work on the antenna while down, then pull it back up. CA$179.99. Best of luck to you!!! You could also probably get a crane service (rigging company) to take it down. If I can do it myself are there any precautions: > I need to take? document.write(' I need to take? Or bid it out to scrappers, depending on how much steel is in it (scrap prices are pretty low right How high is the roof? My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share. In a previous article, jba@snet.net ("Joan L. Basila") says: >Hi Everyone!>>Don't ask me why but the house I just bought still has a TV antenna on>the roof.>, >Question: Can I go up on the roof and remove it or does it need to be>professionally removed. Send usFeedback, 2023 Palco Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. Remove the bolts holding the single leg.) When you are done, use some roofing cement (comes in a small paint can or in a caulking tube) to seal the holes where the legs were. We get about a dozen channels with our rooftop antenna, and we can pick up an Iowa channel when the Vikings are blacked out on the local channels. ProductDirectory WebAnyone planning to install an antenna tower must follow the procedures of local land-use authorities, which may include a requirement to notify local residents. Once the antenna is off (and tossed to the ground), loosen the bolts holding the mast in the tripod andget rid of the mast. +'x'+screen.height+'::'+screen.colorDepth+'::'+escape(page_name) I tightened them up but one screw and bolt are pretty rusty. Post a picture if you can. $23.38. All information is provided "AS IS." I'm in the same boat buddy. Forget to plug any holes in the roof left by bolts or antenna feed. Also, don't try to do it yourself if you have a wood roof. Add to Cart. read all of our terms and conditions here. My old Yagi from 2001 was on the chimney (with mediocre results) then I spent the money and had a tower and preamp installed professionally around 2008 or so. DoItYourself.com, founded in 1995, is the leading independent WebSATELLITE AND ANTENNA REMOVAL PRICING. Plus we save a buncha bucks. I took a hacksaw to the rusted bolts holding theupper mast to an antenna rotater and was suprised at how heavy the wholething was once it came loose. Thank goodness that I held onto the ladder as I fell. Our HAM radio crank up tower models are constructed of extruded 6061-T6 tubing, both lightweight and strong. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Looking for best transition? Now Available: Tech Talk Podcast with Scott Wilkinson, Episode 19. I see that nobody takes the time to read the various post following the original beginning post anymore, Flip the house..List as having a big antenna and towerYou might make some money, Damm--Use the Antenna (s) for your Scanners--Just a Suggestion, Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums, https://natehome.com/locate_members/results.php?ID=21, Commercial licenses and amateur (ham) radio. By submitting your info on this form, you are agreeing to be contacted regarding your service request by means of telephone, email, or text including using pre-recorded or auto dialed phone calls or text messages to the phone number you have provided, including your wireless number, if provided.
Mark Peacock Obituary, List Of Slaves Sold By Georgetown University, Articles R