wow thats great .i also learned a lot concerning samori toure able leadership and holding the state together .thats awesome ,keep it up, thank u uncle Samori you did your level best, great piece..need a lil mo work on why he failed ultimately. Toure is an older prospect, transferring to Nebraska after four-plus years at Montana, where he had 1,495 yards and 13 TDs in 2019. Samori Toure is a slot-only type of receiver with the ease of movement in space and blocking energy to stick as a depth player. Economic And Political Organization Of African Societies In The 19th Century He approached dealing with the French in several ways. They crossed the river and started to conquered many little tribal states in the west bank of Milo's river, by annexing Kuru Laminin and Sankaran, he arrested Murujan in Kumban Kudanen (New Koumban). Thank you for the compliment Ospreyshire! DISCUSS, EXAMINE THE FACTORS WHY FRANCE TOOK SO LONG TO OCCUPY TUNISIA DESPITE THE FACT THAT SHE OCCUPIED ALGERIA IN 1830, EXAMINE THE EFFECTS OF FRENCH RULE OF THE PEOPLE OFALGERIA, WHY DID THE FRENCH ASSIMILATION POLICY FAIL IN ALGERIA. I am glad you appreciated this article on Samori Toure. He commanded an army of between 40,000 to 65,000 soldiers. 2008 SHONA Packers' Samori Toure: Suits up 11 times as rookie. You should definitely read the book by Pr. 2004 csee review questions pdf By 1855, Toure returned to his native place and in the next six years he gathered volunteers from the Camara clan. He earned the nickname the. Latest on Green Bay Packers wide receiver Samori Toure including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN Federal System He was sent to Ndjole in Gabon where he died in exile in 1900. 2002 However, in 1891, France attacked Toure again and he was obliged to leave most important parts of his country to France, including his capital. Reblogged this on African Heritage and commented: Samori Tour Tour was born in about 1830 in what is now Guinea. Pingback: Lalla Fadhma NSoumer, the Embodiment of Algerian Resistance against French Colonization African Heritage, AFRICAN LEADERS SHOULD IMITATE FROM SAMOURE TOURE, As a history teacher i find it great. Kikuyu Still milky nhs Africans. NATIONAL UNITY MIGRATION . thanks for making the world no him first, this generation will know this great man too, I m proud becuses him is mendingo I m mendingo too. Between 1889 and 1890 Samori had reached an agreement with the British to supply arms to Samori's armies up to 1896. The bad things these people did to Africans cannot be expressed in words. It is very detailed. Its amazing learning about these African heroes. Samory Tour | Encyclopedia.com TAITA HILLS ASSOCIATION BIBLE civics April 2021 In Mr. Toure's view, such defiance of France was his by birthright; he said he was descended from Samory Toure, an African hero who fought against French rule until his capture by the French in 1898. Law Samori Toure was the great-grandfather of Guinea's first president, Ahmed Skou Tour. The French persuaded him and forced him to sign a poetic agreement which them later, he was exiled in Gabon and died in 1900. His empire reached his apogee between 1883 and 1887, and he took the title of Almami or religious leader of a Muslim empire. February 2022 After the war, this news were spread all across Mande: that Tour defeated two great kings in one battlefield and he is absolutely the Keletigui, and the battle was named as saman-saman (the pulled-pulled) or the kings were pulling the rules. Warrior king, empire builder and hero of the resistance against the French colonization of West Africa during the 19th century, Samori Tour was born around 1830 in the Milo River Valley in present-day Guinea. 1886 Anglo German Agreement In 1881, after numerous struggles, Ture secured control of the key Dyula trading centre of Kankan, on the upper Milo River. Kenya Pre Colonial The British policy of non-interference denied him their support - against the French. He gave the war commands to Mamadi Kaba (commonly known as Dayi Kaba), and he fled that same night because he thought that Tour wanted to kill him during the war. european invasion of africa and the process of colonization, Explain five factors that led to the defeat of Samori Toure by the French, african reactions to european colonization, Outline five reasons why Samori Toures second empire was not suitable, Give two strategies employed by Samori Toure in his war of resistance against the French. The main difference is that Menelik II was successful and Samori wasn't. Oliver, Roland, and G. N. Sanderson, eds. 2005 This is the entire kingdom, without taking into account the first and second empires. Road Transport He wanted to maintain his independence from the French interference. It is a representation of our very selves from our own perspective. Political Developments And Struggle For Independence In Kenya (1919 1963) Samory | West African ruler | Britannica Egypt RIVER LAKE NILOTES His parents were uneducated and poor. TO WHAT EXTENT DID THE URABI PASHA REVOLT MANIFEST EGYPTIAN NATIONALISM, EXAMINE THE CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF THE EGYPTIAN LOSS OF INDEPENDENCE, DESCRIBE THE CAREER AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF F.D. Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world. In another blow, the British had stopped selling breechloading guns to Ture in accordance with the Brussels Conference Act of 1890. This is the aspect of History that I call OUR OWN. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dr. Y. and www.afrolegends.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Thank you for visiting my blog. HOW DID THE FRENCH CONSOLIDATE THEIR POSITION IN ALGERIA BETWEEN 1870 TO 1914? i wish i was in the olden days i fel so bitter about it.. Dont you are living now, and your work is for humanity so do your best to make this era better, do your best to empower others, do your best. It led to separation of families due to migration. Zimbabwe, JOBS IN KENYA AND ABROAD FOR KENYANS AND BEYOND, FORM 1 QUESTION PAPERS, ANSWERS AND MARKING SCHEMES COLLECTIONS, FORM 2 QUESTION PAPERS, ANSWERS AND MARKING SCHEMES COLLECTIONS, FORM 3 EXAMINATIONS, QUESTION PAPERS AND ANSWERS, KCPE 2020 RESULTS, REPORTS, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, KCPE PAST PAPERS 2019 REPORTS, RESULTS, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, KNEC KCSE PAST PAPERS, MARKING SCHEMES, QUESTIONS & ANSWERS, kcse computer studies paper 2 AND 3 Questions & Answers, KCSE AGRICULTURE TOPICAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, KCSE HOME SCIENCE DIRECT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, KCSE Biology Topical Questions and Answers, ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION (IRE) QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, KCSE History Topical Questions and Answers, Standard 4-8 Mathematics Topical Questions from Mocks and KCPE, FOCUS MATHEMATICS TUTORIALS AND EXAMS FREE, KCSE PHYSICS NOTES, AUDIOVISUALS AND MORE, ENGLISH POETRY QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS FOR K.C.S.E CANDIDATES, KCSE AGRICULTURE NOTES, SYLLABUS, QUESTIONS, ANSWERS, SCHEMES OF WORK AND OTHERS, IRE NOTES, AUDIOVISUAL, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, Primary 8-4-4 based Syllabus, Objectives and Lessons, Regulations for the TIVET Craft and Diploma Business Examinations, COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY NOTES AND TUTORIALS, Standard 8 (std) English Topical Questions, KCPE MATHEMATICS TOPICAL QUESTIONS FROM 1989 TO LAST YEAR, FOCUS A365 SERIES K.C.P.E EXAMINATIONS FOR PRIMARY, KCSE Past Papers, Marking Schemes and Reports, ALL SECONDARY RESOURCES (EXAMINATIONS, NOTES, TUTORIALS AND REPORTS), KCPE Past Papers, Marking Schemes and Reports, KNEC Past Papers For College and other Resources, Discuss six reasons for the defeat of Samori Toure by the French in 1898, (1919 1963) Political Developments And Struggle For Independence In Kenya, Before Independence In Kenya (1800 1963), Definition Of History And Government Terms, Development Of Transport And Communication, Economic And Political Developments And Challenges In Africa Since Independence, Economic And Political Developments And Challenges In Kenya Since Independence, Economic And Political Organization Of African Societies In The 19th Century, European Invasion Of Africa And The Process Of Colonization, EUROPEAN INVASION OF AFRICA AND THE PROCESS OF COLONIZATION, Government Revenue And Expenditure In Kenya, Political Developments And Smuggle For Independence In Kenya (1919-1963), Political Developments And Struggle For Independence In Kenya (1919 1963), Structure And Functions Of The Government Of Kenya, Struggle For Independence In Kenya (1800 1963), Free Public Domain Illustrations by rawpixel. In 2019, Toure recorded 87 receptions and set . 1995 In the following years, he became the most powerful military and political leader in the Milo region. However, Toure began his conquests in 1866 when he conquered and defeated many chief doms of Mandika Empire and he made Bisandungu as the capital of his empire. Samori Tour: African resistance leader - Standard ARAB MIGRATION He scored a 6.15 RAS out of a possible 10.00. Samori Ture - Wikipedia FORM 1 great read. EXODUS This is the greatest leap in African Historiography. Constant movement of the people/army denied them opportunities to carry out economic activities leading to Inadequate supply of necessary items/food. Take me instead, he begged. After the French carried out a successful offensive in 1886, Samory accepted their protection with the Niger as his frontier. Early Man Ture tried to negotiate with the British authorities in the Gold Coast to work together against the French, but the British refused to intervene directly against France.[6]. Reliving the Glory of Samori Toure, the Great Mandinka Leader Who Although he eventually lost and was deported, he is that one African leader who gave the French a very hard time and I revel in sharing the history of Samori with Africa. Pre-History How did people resist colonization? - TeachersCollegesj was this samori of a man got no name, did his parent name him samori????????????? He first fought the French in 1883, when they occupied Bamako on the Niger River. French troops often included Senegalese troops to build a strong attack against Toure's army. Samory - New World Encyclopedia December 2018 Why Somoure Toure Resisted the French for A Long Time Named Kltigui (war commander) at Dyala in 1861, Ture took an oath to protect his people against both the Brt and the Ciss. Packers rookie receiver Samori Tour draws inspiration from family At 6'1" and 191 pounds, Toure is tall enough to play receiver in the . June 2020 Form 4 The scorched earth policy that he adopted lacked support from civilians who resisted against him. EXAMINE THE POLITICAL, SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC ORGANISATION OF BUNYORO KINGDOM BY 1885. He died in exile. The use of military fighting tactics such as Guerilla war fare that involves surprise attacks of the French. Ture had two major goals: to create an efficient, loyal fighting force equipped with modern firearms,[4] and to build a stable state. You notice so much its almost onerous to argue with you (not that I actually would needHaHa). He played college football at Montana before transferring to Nebraska. Did Toure Pass Winfree for Seventh Receiver Spot? Economic And Political Developments And Challenges In Kenya Since Independence Nilotes My first daughter is a Toure/Turay and the name , Samaritan Toure just came to mind a few days ago. 'A ma Mre / To my Mother' by Camara Laye, "Femme Noire" de Lopold Sdar Senghor / "Black Woman" by Lopold Sdar Senghor. A blog about African history, and heritage, through audio and video files. The death of Samouri-Toure did witness the conclusion of the Mandika empire which became part of the French empire of West Africa. why did samori toure resist the french By 1898 he had moved to Liberia, as Britain refused to support his resistance against France by denying him the supply of weapons. The other rookie wideouts: Romeo Doubs and Samori Toure go from pre This site uses cookies. Our editors will review what youve submitted and determine whether to revise the article. Pingback: Sounds from the Sahel: Mali Track of the Week | Mali Interest Hub, He is real the legend of Africa history,we consider him on our forthcoming development as he made an early contribution as he fight against European imperialist,like other African leaders Nyerere, Jomo Kenyatta ,and Kwame Nkurumah both fight the same for African independence which we celebrate now. Samori Tore, its been great reading your articles over one of africas greatest leadersSamouri Toure. He joined Tijjaniyah Suffs order after being influenced by Al Hajji Umar. Until the age of 20, Samori was a trader. Please refer to the appropriate style manual or other sources if you have any questions. You must inform your armies to not shoot my soldiers because I wouldn't use any bullets during the battle. Analysis. However in 1890 Samori Toure reorganized his army and obtained modern . BRONZE He joined the Brt army, the enemies of the Ciss, for two years before rejoining his people, the Kamara. Samori Toure's military battles in west Africa - Afrinik July 2020 (LogOut/ Samori Toure was a leader of Mandinke Empire, Toure became a well-known leader, training and commanding a growing and disciplined army. Why was Samori Toure defeated in the Mandinka war? The war began at seven or eight AM and the city was surrounded at 10 AM, and the king (Manssa) Karonkan Doubouya was arrested and Tour asked him saying: I was informed that you were the person who killed the son of El Hadj Oumarou Tall, Seydou Tall, in this city, is this true? Samori Tour had a vision of unity for the Malink people, and thus started organizing his empire using traditional and innovative methods. Form 3 For example, many are unaware of the fact that in the past Swahili people on the east African coast actually built large sailing vessels and sailed to China. Nandi Cairo Am proud of his determination in fighting against French colonizers.This is what African leaders should emulate. By 1876, Samori was importing breech-loading rifles via the port of Freetown in the British colony of Sierra Leone. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. His control of agriculture and trade e.g. Well, Samori Tour was born in 1830 in Manyambaladugu (some texts mention Sanankoro instead), a village southeast of Kankan in present-day Guinea. Toure led Nebraska with 46 receptions, 898 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns. He was a man of extra ordinary characters who mobilized subjects against French imperialists. I am happy to have read it especially when it was written from an African perspective. Pursued by French troops, Samory was captured on the upper reaches of the Cavally River on September 29, 1898. Kenyan Law His capital was Bisandugu, in present day Gambia. NATIONAL PHILOSOPHIES He made Islamic scholars advisors to the government officials. Reliving The Glory Of Samori Toure, The Great Mandinka Leader Who Samori was indeed a powerful ruler in His time and I loved His resistance since he was a man of his words. ZIMSEC FREE NOTES. Toure, the warrior king and great-grandfather of Guinea's first prez He promoted his friends and relatives to various leadership positions in his army. His father was a trader, leading Tour to follow his family's occupation early on. We cannot find any leader of his type today in Africa. Pingback: Queen Nzingha: Great Queen of Angola | African Heritage, i love samoris spirit of figthing,if african leaders can be this strong,we shall have economic freedom. Why was Menelik II successful in dealing with European - Quora In 1882, at the height of the Mandinka empire, the French accused Samori Tour of refusing to comply to their order to withdraw from an important market center, Kenyeran (his army had blockaded the market). THE WEAKNESS OF THE OTTOMAN RULE /TURKISH EMPIR How are gills in a bony fish adapted to their functions, DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EPIGEAL GERMINATION AND HYPOGEAL GERMINATION, The process of urine formation enables the kidney to purify blood of the toxic materials. While most of the attention will be on second-round wideout Christian Watson, there's reason to believe late-rounders Samori Toure, pictured, and Romeo Doubs could have an impact, too. MISSIONARY EDUCATION DESCRIBE THE CAREER AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF F.D. This was an excuse to start war! Why did the Mandinka under the Samori Toure resist the imposition of French colonialism? He sent Quran teachers to almost all the villages of his region to spread Islamic understanding. csee review questions He extended his authority over states like Konta, Toro, Kankan and by 1873, he had taken the Muslim like Al Imama meaning the leader of Muslims. kcse resources Indirect Rule A what factors enabled samori toure to resist french - Course Hero Samori Ibn Latiya Toure was the founder of the Mandinka Empire and one of the greatest leaders' f the reistance of European colonization in West Africa. SAYYID SAID Can I get your affiliate link to your host? August 2019 United Nations Samori Tour, Resistance Leader - Africa Defense Forum Agrarian Revolution But, the French did not want to give him time . hope you will find the content of this website useful to your studies and daily life His reflection on this journey invites each reader to contemplate his/her own viewpoint. FRANCE On May 1, 1898, the French seized the town of Sikasso and his army took up positions in the Liberian forests to resist a second invasion. They thus started war on him. kcse history why did samori toure resist the french. LEWANIKA Yves Person. Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? He used guerrilla warfare and scorched earth policy which proved effective against the French. Powers Of The President mathematics past papers I always loved this man!!! Described as African Napoleon, Samory Toure built a Muslim empire fighting off the French colonisation of West Africa in the 19th Century. Kankan was a centre for the trade in kola nuts, and was well sited to dominate the trade routes in all directions. Answer: If you want to find a valid counterpart to Menelik II (r. 1889-1913) - the king of kings of Ethiopia who expanded his country to several times over its former size in the 19th century - I think you'll be better off comparing him to his neighbours, like Ibn Sa'ud (r. 1902-53) in Arabia, or. i found dis piece helpful in treating Toure as a pre-colonial african personality. First, he expanded south-westward to secure a line of communication with Liberia. Development of Plantation Agriculture in East Africa. Pingback: Fatma NSoumer a 19th Century Muslim Heroine The Muslimah Diaries, Thanks for linking to this article on Fatma NSoumer, Pingback: On the Shoulder of Giants: Samori Toure swagher. He targeted Muslim forces who had collaborated with France during his retreat. Toure tore up Big Sky Country in Missoula as a member of the Montana Grizzlies. Of course, his name was Samori! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Toure's forces inflicted massive damage upon French troops in 1885 in Bure. (ix) Samori Toure got support from the Mandika people in . Unitary Government 8. 2. WHY WAS SAMOURE TOURE ABLE TO RESIST THE FRENCH FOR A LONG - Blogger Now a days I think there is only one African leader who resist from the west all the time.the president of the Gambia yaya jammeh. necta biology He raced to where she was being held and pleaded on her behalf. In the memoir Between the World and Me, Coates embarks on a journey of self-growth with the help of Samori Coates and The Mecca showing him compassion and diversity within the black community, as well as forcing him to question his perception of the world. If you have further information, I will be happy to hear more. Encyclopaedia Britannica's editors oversee subject areas in which they have extensive knowledge, whether from years of experience gained by working on that content or via study for an advanced degree. Toure faught tribalism by emphasing national accommodation, discipline and education. WhatsApp_Group_1 UNIONS all form four past paper ISRAELITES HOW DID THE FRENCH CONSOLIDATE THEIR POSITION I 2. Constant movement of the people/army denied them opportunities to carry out economic activities leading to Inadequate supply of necessary items/food. Independence In Kenya National Referendum He also taught tribalism through the policy of intermarriages and national royalty thus the people taught. EUROPE By 1898 he had moved to Liberia, as Britain refused to support his resistance against France by denying him the supply of weapons. Samori's second empire was difficult to defend as it was exposed to attacks from all . necta chemistry past papers March 2020 Sekou Tour, ostensibly a descendant of Samori, emphasized historical parallels between Samori's resistance to the French and Guinea's own anti-colonial struggles. He operated for diplomacy. LUGARD IN THE HISTORY OF EAST AND WEST AFRICA, DISCUSS THE CAREER AND ASSESS THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF KABALEGA IN THE HISTORY OF UGANDA. He why were the samori toure's forces unable to defeat the french invasion into west african muslim territory. Asanti, p. 234. TO WHAT EXTENT DID THE URABI PASHA REVOLT MANIFE WHAT WERE THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF THE URABI PASH "KHEDIVE ISMAEL WAS RESPONSIDLE FOR EGYPTIAN LOSS 1. kcse past papers A gifted commander and administrator, he expanded his rule until at its height in the early 1880s it extended from the Upper Volta region in the west to the Fouta Djallon in the east. Jamoro Aji (Diamr Adji) said Brother, I understood your message and accepted. In 1894, the French assembled all their troops in western sudan (Senegal, Mali, Niger, etc) to fight Samori. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ACSEE REVIEW QUESTIONS ABAGUSII On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. In 1864, El Hadj Umar Tall died; he had founded the Toucouleur Empire that dominated the Upper Niger River. I am reblogging it here, because on this 10-year anniversary of the African Heritage Blog, it has been the most viewed and loved. This was the greatest effect of abolishing slave trade. After failing to expand to the east at the expense of Tieba, the king of Sikasso (in present-day southern Mali), he renewed his war with the French in 1891. Dr. Y. and www.afrolegends.com, [2009-2023]. After a strong career at FCS Montana, Samori Toure came to Nebraska to prove that he could play at a high level. Show people, places and other topics in this story. His grandson was Sekou Toure. Struggle For Independence In Kenya (1800 1963) February 2023 He had a strong army and weapons thus had confidence in his army. I am glad it could be of help to you, for your assignments. His military prowess contributed to his expansion from Bamako, Mali, in the north, to the frontiers of Sierra Leone, the Ivory Coast, and Liberia in the east and south. why did samori toure resist the french. Professional career. WhatsApp_Group_3 Samori forced to fight a total war against a foreign invader, and fighting against all odds, was captured on September 29, 1898, in his camp in Gu(l)mou in present-day Cte dIvoire. Forms Of Governance Updates? SCHOOLS describe the social,political and economical organisation of buganda kingdom, 1. It is much appreciated. African resistance to the imposition of colonial r African response to the imposition of Colonial rule. Kenya Using the military skills and education he gained over the years, Samori Toure systematically organized his people and the surrounding kingdoms into a single. Democracy & Human Rights 2010 This helped Samori Toure occasionally to win the war. Samori Tour was a great warrior, a natural leader and an empire builder. FIRST AFRICAN APPOINTMENTS WHY THEN DID SAMOURE TOURE WHO HAD PERSISTENTLY 3. He managed to increase loyalty to the state in the Malink people who now thought as one united people this intensified their allegiance to him. His army had about 3000 professionals soldiers called Sofas about 300 of his professionals and about 3000 were soldiers and he had 300 were made to had the regiments. But as France was decisive in its invasion of West Africa, Toure signed three deals with them. What web host are you using? He had a well trained army which faught the French. Having been prepared by the Jihads, the West African people in general and Muslims in particular could not look on when Europeans came therefore in 1882; Toure resisted a great French, pentretation in the interior of West Africa. He defeated the French several time between 1885 and 1889. EFFECTS OF EGYPTIAN LOSS OF INDEPENDENCE IN 1882. What were the terms of the Buganda agreement in 1900? Samory was tactical master, he did all he could to encounter and negotiate the war with Aji this knight and told him: I see you are wrong doing this war against your brother Muslim, because you are Fula and Fula peoples are Muslim, and I am Turay and Clans Tour are Manden-Mori (Muslim of Mande), and one Muslim can't fight against his brother Muslim., And I brought you few cola (the lots of gold) for you to stop this war.[3]. Plus, the Packers have always subscribed . Samori was a great African warrior lived for the defense and welfare of his people. His empire extended to the east as far as Sikasso (present-day Mali), to the west up to the Fouta Djallon empire (middle of modern day Guinea), to the north from Kankan to Bamako (in Mali); to the south, down to the borders of present-day Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Cote dIvoire. english language Lyttleton Consitution Toure and the 49ers would be a fantastic match. PARTITION OF EAST AFRICA Tour accepted and requested their prayers and contributed a few soldiers. TRANS-ATLANTIC TRADE Packers select WR Samori Toure with 258th pick in 2022 NFL Draft Similarities and differences between the British a Main features or Structure of British indirect rule. Trade April 2019 this is by far the most well-written account ive read on samouri toure..i had been searching for ages when i finally came across this page..thank you for a well detailed and on-point account of this great leader..now i can write my assignments easier. Kenya Pre-Independence He also built a working relationship with the Fulbe (Fula) Imamate of Futa Jallon. chemistry He led the scorched earth tactic, destroying every piece of land he evacuated. CHALLENGES IN KENYA SINCE INDEPENDENCE Between 1893 and 1898, Samoris army retreated eastward, toward the Bandama and Como (in modern day Cote dIvoire), conquering huge territories in the northern part of modern-day Cote divoire. Following the partition of Africa due to the Berlin Conference in 1884, French troops began encroaching on Mandinka. LAND IN KENYA MAJI MAJI From 1882 to 1889 they was between the two went back and forth and eventually in 1889 he ended the war and signed treaties with France. 2022-05-29 Toure did that by catching 46 passes for 898 yards with 5 touchdowns..
Prize Money European Darts Championship, Pangunahing Produkto Ng Nueva Ecija, River Trent Levels Kelham, Royal College Of Music Junior Department, Articles W